hapaizakaya

10+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Hi everyone

I want your opinion on this. So I am an osteopathic student who failed USMLE Step 2 CK (passed COMLEX level 2) late this year and I'm in my fourth year. At the time, I wanted to get a good score but didn't think I could do it right away after failing. So I decided to take some time off to properly study but now, when I plan to retake Step 2 but it's going to be after osteopathic match.

If I match to an osteopathic program, and if I study hard for Step 2 and do well, what can I do with a good step 2 score if I already matched to a program? I still have plans on taking the USMLE step 2 after match but is there any point other than to prove to myself that I can do well on it?

Definitely need your 2 cents on it.

MountainEM

Mountain Man
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
this is just crazy talk. You are applying to osteo programs and you care about your usmle 2 score? Dont take the test if you match. there are NO benefits.

Golding

7+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I agree with the above. If you're matching in the Osteo match, there is no reason for you to even be doing USMLE steps. You've pretty much done them for fun up to now...

OP
H

hapaizakaya

10+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Thanks for the advice. If the situation arose where I didn't match into a categorical spot but into an osteopathic traditional internship, would you recommend taking the USMLE Step 2 during my fourth year for when I apply during my intern year?