Retaking using SN2ed schedule or Kaplan course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flodhi1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to start off by saying thank you to this forum and it's members. This place really motivates people like myself and pushes us to strive for the best. With that being said I took the beast only once 5/20 and was posting around people asking about my chances (7 VR, 12 PS and 10 BS). In all honesty I was just trying to avoid a retake but I realized a 29 N is pretty pathetic especially since my AAMC average was around 31 (9 VR, 10 PS, 12 BS). I had bust my ass towards the final weeks but I realized I dedicated most of my time on the PS and absolutely ignored the BS, VR section (I paid dearly for that). Also when I walked into the actual exam I had not reviewed the BS section in almost 1 month and through out my MCAT prep I didn't even study Organic. I figured ohhhh well I was a Bio major and I Aced Orgos, plus it's supposedly only 10 % of the entire exam- why devote so much time to Orgo. Well I got a rude awakening my exam was full of extremely complex Orgo questions/passages. Which explains why I dropped from a 12 average to a 10 :(
Plus on the VR the passages seemed okay they weren't hard at all. I got so absorbed in the passages that I lost track of time and the last 5 minutes had 2 passages (11 questions to answer). So I feel like all of these are justifiable reasons to retake since this score does not show my full potential.
So now I'm coming back with vengeance. No more ignorant mistakes, I want to prove that I can score in the 32+ range. The thing is that I'm 200 % sure that this will be my last try. I'm not as dedicated as some folks out there that took this exam 2+ times (props to you guys). Any way so I want to make sure that I don't make this problem again. Now I could either sign up for the Kaplan course open in August or I could follow SN2ed's schedule? (I really want to be careful about this)......

By the way I'm taking this exam in November and not using that score this year at all. I'm taking it for more personal reasons. I think it's more of a pride thing and has mostly to do with feeling like cr@p when reading some of the outrageous scores on this forum. I've already made up my mind to not use this retake score this year. If it comes out to be really good I might just wait a year and use the score next year if I don't get in this cycle that's about it or I might actually go with SGU (Caribbeans) since I want to be a primary care doc. I've already applied very broadly and already sent in a ton of secondaries for this year. So a retake in November might just be unnecessary but I'm doing it!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: