Retook class that I had previously withdrawn from with a B, how bad will it look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mkif586

Reaction score
Hi everyone. So back in March when all this corona-hell emerged I was taking a bio class and decided to withdraw. This semester I successfully retook with a B. My gpa is very good (3.8+) but I wonder how big red flag will it constitute?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. So back in March when all this corona-hell emerged I was taking a bio class and decided to withdraw. This semester I successfully retook with a B. My gpa is very good (3.8+) but I wonder how big red flag will it constitute?
Thanks
It's not a red flag at all. No one will ask, but if they do you have a good excuse.

Reactions: 1 user
As long as you do not have an excessive number of Ws, they are not a big deal. With respect to your grades, med schools are going to focus primarily on your cGPA and sGPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks
It's fine. Do NOT focus on single metrics. Even an F in a course won't kill your chances.

Reactions: 2 users
It's fine. Do NOT focus on single metrics. Even an F in a course won't kill your chances.
Thank you sir for keeping dismantling our anxieties!

I agree. Your GPA is very good. We are not looking for cyborgs who are test taking machines. We are looking for people we would want to be our doctors or doctors for our family. Except if you are the doctor I pick for my Mother in Law. Then worry! Sorry, I'm kidding about that. One blip on the transcript is not a deal breaker. It's not a red flag imo. Keep up the good work and don't take the MCAT until you are absolutely ready. Good luck and best wishes!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
I'm in the same scenario as you. So far I have 4 II and one acceptance.

• Love
Thanks
It's not a red flag but it doesn't look great. Given your overall GPA I doubt it would make any real difference though.