Retook the NAVLE and it felt bad...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AceZinneX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title said. I didn't pass it the first time by 15 points, and that was pretty consistent with the official practice test (~420). I took it to heart, and studied way more. 100% self-study on Zuku and went over study guides made by others. Did the other two practice test and got 472-522 and 540-590 this time around.

I wasn't sure if it is because maybe I remember some of the answers from when I reviewed it with my friends the first time around, but I reasoned out each of the questions and felt pretty good/confident this time around. I took it yesterday and I felt I was so unsure about about so many of the questions afterward. It felt both so much more difficult than the practice and than the first time around. I'm honestly scare...I really don't think I passed again and this means I will have to withdraw from my internship. I'm honestly at wit's end...I don't think I do any better. I just can't seem to remember every little detail that the NAVLE wants to ask.

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t really have anything to say that can specifically help but don’t give up Hope yet! I felt the same way about navle the first time and it worked out okay. It’s a terrible test. Do you know when you will get results?

Reactions: 1 user
As the title said. I didn't pass it the first time by 15 points, and that was pretty consistent with the official practice test (~420). I took it to heart, and studied way more. 100% self-study on Zuku and went over study guides made by others. Did the other two practice test and got 472-522 and 540-590 this time around.

I wasn't sure if it is because maybe I remember some of the answers from when I reviewed it with my friends the first time around, but I reasoned out each of the questions and felt pretty good/confident this time around. I took it yesterday and I felt I was so unsure about about so many of the questions afterward. It felt both so much more difficult than the practice and than the first time around. I'm honestly scare...I really don't think I passed again and this means I will have to withdraw from my internship. I'm honestly at wit's end...I don't think I do any better. I just can't seem to remember every little detail that the NAVLE wants to ask.
Did you pass this time?

As I read this, it appears to be you may be your worst enemy. The ultimate final exams from veterinary school are the national boards and to a lesser the state boards. When I took my boards it was multiple choice (guess?) and often I was able to eliminate 1 answer with the possibility the remaining 4 would be the correct answer. Most everybody goes through this on the exam. Until you know the test outcome, worrying about it and losing sleep only hurts you. What is the worse that an happen; you fail the test, lose the internship, and then take the test again. Life goes on. So take a deep breath, wait until you know what you do not know now, and enjoy life a little.

As I read this, it appears to be you may be your worst enemy. The ultimate final exams from veterinary school are the national boards and to a lesser the state boards. When I took my boards it was multiple choice (guess?) and often I was able to eliminate 1 answer with the possibility the remaining 4 would be the correct answer. Most everybody goes through this on the exam. Until you know the test outcome, worrying about it and losing sleep only hurts you. What is the worse that an happen; you fail the test, lose the internship, and then take the test again. Life goes on. So take a deep breath, wait until you know what you do not know now, and enjoy life a little.
This thread is two years old