REU programs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEG@COOL

M0DE 01
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am participating in one this summer. Anyone else here doing one / done one?

Members don't see this ad.

MEG@COOL said:
I am participating in one this summer. Anyone else here doing one / done one?

I did two while i was an undergrad, but I was pre-PhD at that point :). I thought they were great experiences. And definately helped me get into graduate school. If you have any interest in research I think having the opportunity to do it full-time before you committ to a program md/phd or phd is valuable. enjoy!

CADreaming06 said:
I did two while i was an undergrad, but I was pre-PhD at that point :). I thought they were great experiences. And definately helped me get into graduate school. If you have any interest in research I think having the opportunity to do it full-time before you committ to a program md/phd or phd is valuable. enjoy!

I am planning on applying MD, but remaining involved in research to a certain extent. I suppose possibly I could be persuaded to go md/phd after participating, but I probably would not want just a phd as I want to do clinical stuff also.

Members don't see this ad :)
what is your reu participating school and what was their appl deadline? what subject will you be researching?

i applied to a couple but i still haven't received anything from them, but most of their deadlines were in midmarch, so i guess i still have to wait around to find out if i got one.

korndoctor said:
what is your reu participating school and what was their appl deadline? what subject will you be researching?

i applied to a couple but i still haven't received anything from them, but most of their deadlines were in midmarch, so i guess i still have to wait around to find out if i got one.

I heard back earlier than expected from the program that I was accepted to (they said we would not know until april).... This is the only program that I have heard anything from. Some schools will accept more rapidly than what is posted on their site.