Reusing secondary responses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brodaiga

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If the question stay the same with the same school what to do? For example, where do you see yourself ten years from now, well the answer will not have changed since last year. A lot of questions then have the same answer as before. Most schools I am reapplying to, I applied to last year. What have you guys done?

Members don't see this ad.

:confused:
brodaiga said:
If the question stay the same with the same school what to do? For example, where do you see yourself ten years from now, well the answer will not have changed since last year. A lot of questions then have the same answer as before. Most schools I am reapplying to, I applied to last year. What have you guys done?

brodaiga said:

My gut feeling is that if you applied to a school with a certain set of answers and were rejected post-secondary, you shouldn't re-use the same answers. This might be a good time to really evaluate why you weren't accepted and and make sure your secondary responses weren't a part of it.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
anystream said:
My gut feeling is that if you applied to a school with a certain set of answers and were rejected post-secondary, you shouldn't re-use the same answers. This might be a good time to really evaluate why you weren't accepted and and make sure your secondary responses weren't a part of it.

Good luck!

See but my app has changed a considerable bit since last year (I'll be applying to go w/ a BS degree - instead of dropping out of college, like last year; I've been published, yada yada yada). I'm struggling with this question too. I modified my PS a bit, but w/ secondaires I might be pretty dang close to the same thing. I'm definitely re-editing them - for style and such, but I don't know. What's everyone else doing?

I re-edited and I had some minor changes in where I saw myself in ten years, but some other questions were still the same so I edited and updated, but did not change the content. I think if you had radically different responses to these questions the schools might start questioning how well you know yourself and what you want. JMHO