Review before General Chemistry 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ILuvScience

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I start General Chemistry 2 in three weeks and was wondering what would be some good review topics so that I can be prepared??? Also, I took Gen Chem 1 back in 2009. However, I am a fast learner.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you get off my thread please, Mr. Negativity. Thank you

Nothing to be honest. Just show up ready to go.

If you were about to take biochem however, I'd tell you to prepare by learning the AA structures/letters/short names. I did that, and it made the class easy breezy.

Oh ok. I thought they would be related? So you've taken General Chem 2, did you find it extremely difficult?

Well it wasn't easy. Just make sure you keep up (as with any class) and be active so you can get the best grade possible (aka no less than a B :thumbup:)

Thank you : )

Nothing really to review for, I remember. I don't recall too many things carrying over from Chem I. Shouldn't be a problem for fast learners :)

Review stoichiometry and redox reactions, you'll need to remember how to do those for electrochemistry. That and basic solubility rules (depending on how in depth your teacher goes in solutions and equilibrium), and you should be good.

I took AP chemistry in high school so I may be in a different situation from you but see if you can get your hands on your class syllabus and review material through Khan Academy.

I particularly struggled with crystallography in gen chem II but that may not be done at your school. Review Acid/Base names and electronegativity. Gen Chem II builds off concepts from Gen Chem I

I thought General Chemistry 1 was a good review myself.

Review stoichiometry and redox reactions, you'll need to remember how to do those for electrochemistry. That and basic solubility rules (depending on how in depth your teacher goes in solutions and equilibrium), and you should be good.

:thumbup:

Thanks everyone! I'm trying to get an "A" so I gotta be on top of my game : )

Hey all,
I start General Chemistry 2 in three weeks and was wondering what would be some good review topics so that I can be prepared??? Also, I took Gen Chem 1 back in 2009. However, I am a fast learner.

Honestly though, if you have to review for Gen Chem or study for any test in it, you're doing it wrong. Just go to lecture and pay attention.