Review books are too simple and a waste of time !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreeMeDoctor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am serious. Review books are a waste of time. Do every practice test on planet earth and if you are terrible at physics or gen chem or ochem then buy a good text and do every problem in it. This worked for me.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think this is the right approach. For chem/physics, texts are full of extra details you won't need and especially derivations and proofs; really all you need is to know the formulae and how to use them and perhaps how to interpret them in a qualitative way. For bio, I think the review books are pretty good but if some sections are a little too brief or not even covered, a text might help.

I am serious. Review books are a waste of time. Do every practice test on planet earth and if you are terrible at physics or gen chem or ochem then buy a good text and do every problem in it. This worked for me.

Nope, I think it has been widely recognized this is the wrong approach. It's good it worked for you, but you might be an exception.

The textbook thing totally worked for me. I used EK 101 verbal, but seriously the rest of the prep books I bought were a total waste of time (with the possible exception of Nova physics).