review books EK vs Kaplan??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedstudent55

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if EK cover all the topics that will be tested on the MCAT? I also have Kaplan review books, but I realized that Kaplan books are more lengthy than the EK. If it is possible I would just want to focus on the EKs stuffs.. (101verbal, 1001 orgo,chem,bio,phys, complete set, 16 miniMCAT)

Members don't see this ad.

EK covers everything you need to know for the MCAT. I used them exclusively and highly recommend them; there was nothing I came across that they didn't mention.

Thanks, I will take your words for it and focus on EK reviewbooks and just look at the kaplan stuffs for references... how did you do on the actual MCAT?

Although I didn't find it necessary, some people here say if you are particularly weak in a section, you can use a different source for studying. Either way, I think EK is to the point and without excess information, so it's the ideal primary source. I got a 13PR/11VR/15BS on the actual, which was comparable to my AAMC scores (13/11.5/14.5)