Review Books For NAPLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

julia403

4th Year Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone recommend any particular NAPLEX review book? And what have you heard from other people? I'm in my 3rd year of pharmacy school & feel like it's time to find a review book to peruse.

I've read that the APhA & the Lange review book sucks. Please help me narrow down my search!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone recommend any particular NAPLEX review book? And what have you heard from other people? I'm in my 3rd year of pharmacy school & feel like it's time to find a review book to peruse.

I've read that the APhA & the Lange review book sucks. Please help me narrow down my search!
Where did you read the APhA book sucks? I thought it was pretty good...especially for being a free perk of APhA-ASP membership

Jeez, I graduate in 4 months and I haven't started reviewing yet. I don't know of any other review books, though. Sorry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I read in some forums that the APhA book sucks bc it's too detailed & you probably would be better off not reading it cover to cover. But then I dunno, I haven't seen it myself.

And yeah I also read in some reviews that the Comprehensive review book is very good... I think I'm leaning more towards that book.

I thought the APhA and the Appleton and Lange books were the most helpful. The practice questions from Lange were the most like actual NAPLEX q's, at least in my experience. If you to increase your confidence before the exam, you could also take the "pre-NAPLEX" offered online for a fee.

If only these books weren't so darn expensive, I'd just buy & shuffle through all of them. Do any of you have a link to the APhA review book? I can't find it on their website for some reason...

Where did you read the APhA book sucks? I thought it was pretty good...especially for being a free perk of APhA-ASP membership

prob the worst book i ever read. there are so many errors in the book, wrong mechanisms of action (look at hypertension for example). the book looks like cut and paste, some things are cut and pasted more than once. this is the biggest piece of garbage i ever seen. DO NOT BUY!!!!!! i got it for free and it is still worthless :(

prob the worst book i ever read. there are so many errors in the book, wrong mechanisms of action (look at hypertension for example). the book looks like cut and paste, some things are cut and pasted more than once. this is the biggest piece of garbage i ever seen. DO NOT BUY!!!!!! i got it for free and it is still worthless :(

I agree the apha book sucks big time. Any book that says ALL statins should be taken at bedtime is not worth reading.

I agree the apha book sucks big time. Any book that says ALL statins should be taken at bedtime is not worth reading.

lol go read some of the mechanisms of action. my fav is how Potassium problems are not listed with loop diuretics. throw this book away. i think it would cause more problems than help.

I took the Kaplan Naplex review course. recommend it. they review what's important to know for the actual test, not everything under the sun :~) the study book is awesome, and I actually have an extra Kaplan Notes review book 2007 if anyone is interested

Wow... is the APhA book really that bad? I was hoping to study mainly that.

What's the best option for a good summary if that book won't work?

I took the Kaplan Naplex review course. recommend it. they review what's important to know for the actual test, not everything under the sun :~) the study book is awesome, and I actually have an extra Kaplan Notes review book 2007 if anyone is interested

PM Sent

Appleton and Lange question and answer book is not up to date (except the math part). It is mostly based on the previous version of Naplex.

i think the best way to review is re-reading old
lecture notes.. put all the ppts together and voila,
you have something of a book! its very cost effective.. :laugh:

i think the best way to review is re-reading old
lecture notes.. put all the ppts together and voila,
you have something of a book! its very cost effective.. :laugh:

unfortunately a lot of lectures are out of date with current guidlines and recommendations. that might not be the best idea.