Review for COMLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vick

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody knows or can suggest a good review book for OMM portion of COMLEX? Are "COMLEX Success" books any good?

Members don't see this ad.

"Except for OMT" was the best book for COMLEXI I will be using it for COMLEX II as well.. It is short and right to the point and only gives you the stuff they test on in COMLEX.
Read the post in the Rotations and Residencies section http://www.studentdoctor.net/bbs/Forum11/HTML/000078.html for ordering information

[This message has been edited by RBorhani (edited February 06, 2000).]

I agree w/ Rborhani!! I asked a lot of 3rd years about which book was most helpful for the OMM portion & they all spoke highly of "...Except for OMT". Since I am taking COMLEX I in June, I invested in one also.

I hope this helps!!

Rob
WesternU/COMP Class of 2002

I found "OMT Review" by Robert G. Savarese on Amazon.com for $22.95. Anybody has any opinion about this book?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have both "...Except for OMT" and "OMT Review". "...Except for OMT" has better explanations on the basic concepts but it doesn't cover much material, while "OMT Review" goes into a lot more detail, such as discussing some of the treatment modalities and some of the special tests (with pictures). For instance, "...Except for OMT" does a better job explaining Fryette's principles or the difference between a seated flexion test and a standing flexion test. "OMT Review" has chapters on HVLA, Myofascial Release and Counterstrain, plus a more detailed discussion of the examamination of the spine and extremities.

Both have a lot of questions to help prepare for the COMLEX. If you can, get both.

[This message has been edited by UHS2002 (edited 02-07-2000).]

I'm selling COMLEX OMM Review (2nd Ed) by Wm. Thomas Crow, DO, FAAO. It's in excellent condition. Mild corner wear and some highlighting in the first 1/4 of the book. Otherwise like new. Sticker on the front says $45.95. I'll sell it for $30 postage included (media), or $35 for priority shipping. Please email me at [email protected] or [email protected] and we'll arrange payment details.

Brad Doles, MS-IV
OSU-COM Class of 2009

I'm selling COMLEX OMM Review (2nd Ed) by Wm. Thomas Crow, DO, FAAO. It's in excellent condition. Mild corner wear and some highlighting in the first 1/4 of the book. Otherwise like new. Sticker on the front says $45.95. I'll sell it for $30 postage included (media), or $35 for priority shipping. Please email me at [email protected] or [email protected] and we'll arrange payment details.

Brad Doles, MS-IV
OSU-COM Class of 2009

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=73590 :)

First Aid for the COMLEX is what I picked up used for like $5 bucks. Has anyone heard anything about it?