Review of Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premeddick

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow I really like this new system that checks to see if threads exist with titles similar to my own. I didnt see the answer to my question so alas...

This is for any adcomms or knowledgeable premeds:

As a school continues on in the interview season and has reviewed all applications once, does it go back and re-review applications it has set aside and may offer interviews to these applicants who were complete way back in august or September. Is there a time when us early folk can expect this to happen?

Specifically I am curious if Northwestern U has recently invited anyone that was complete way back in Aug or Sept.

Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Specifically I am curious if Northwestern U has recently invited anyone that was complete way back in Aug or Sept.

Thanks for the help.

Speaking from my own experience of being complete in the first week of August, I have yet to receive word (as have many other applicants) about Northwestern. There is another thread that deals specifically with Northwestern and whether it's given out rejections yet, if that helps (there's also another Northwestern thread dealing with more issues about the school).

For other schools, the Adcoms do go back to those that have been "set aside" (a.k.a. put on hold) to see whether they want to interview them later on in the season, but it is highly variable depending on the school. If I were to make a broad statement that goes by just my experience in this cycle, if you were put on hold and were fortunate to be interviewed in the second half of the cycle (which happens from time to time), you have an uphill battle because you may be interviewing for a waitlist spot (depending on the school).

I haven't specifically been put on hold at any schools, there are just a handful I have heard a thing from since they told me I was complete in August. Its starting to get frustrating... oh well

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't specifically been put on hold at any schools, there are just a handful I have heard a thing from since they told me I was complete in August. Its starting to get frustrating... oh well

Same here. It may help to send a LOI.

actually, i was complete at northwestern on august 15th and just received an interview invitation last night! there's still hope!

actually, i was complete at northwestern on august 15th and just received an interview invitation last night! there's still hope!

Wow, congrats. You give hope to premeds like me everywhere.
:luck::luck::luck:

What are your stats if you dont mind?