Review paper?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InternationlDoc

Imported like a Ferrari
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently working on my 2nd review paper and have already published one as an M1. I was wondering if publishing review papers is any good. thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently working on my 2nd review paper and have already published one as an M1. I was wondering if publishing review papers is any good. thanks for your input.

Who's going to be the first of you idiots to take the bait on this one? Any bets?

Publishing review papers is pretty worthless since you're not actually doing anything novel, just sumarizing what others have done. 1 original research paper > 10 review papers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea man thats what I heard / my seniors tell me. Just wanted opinion on sdn. Thanks Pinkertinkle.

It was an honest question Tacojohn.

For an undergraduate student or a medical student - definitely. Any publication is a bonus. For an academic career - definitely not; review articles are consensus and opinion-based. They do not constitute hypothesis-driven research in the way that real publications do.