Reviewing practice tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ManOfDiligence

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good day everyone,

I just took my first practice test AAMC 10 and scored a 24(8/8/8). Could someone please give me their opinion on the most thorough way to go over practice tests in order to close knowledge gaps and prevent making similar mistakes in the future? Should I look at only the problems I got wrong, or every single problem?

My MCAT is on April 24th, goal is 28+

Side note: I'm taking TPR4 practice test this Saturday. I plan on taking about 14 FL's before the real thing.

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

24 is not a disaster for the first test. I think you want to make sure you understand the concepts underlying the questions. Just because your brain sees the right answer doesn't mean it's going to remember it the next time a similar question comes around. Look at the concepts behind it and make sure you understand them so that you will never get a question of that type wrong again. Good luck!

What's your overall study approach been?

I'm about 3 weeks into my Princeton Review course.

Study approach:

-2 Verbal passages each morning
-Pre-read for class
-FSQ's from 1001 EK Series to solidify concepts
Class
-TPR FSQ's from TPR Hyperlearning series
-PASSAGES from TPR Hyperlearning series

Rinse and repeat.

I'll pretty much be taking a practice test every Saturday. Will be taking about 14 FL's in total before test day. My MCAT date is April 24th.

Thoughts? Any modifications you think i should make? Is this overkill? I have no other commitments. I graduated May of 2013 and I work 2 days a week.

Thanks a lot.

Here's a link to a post I made about post-gaming: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...plan-picking-resources.1045943/#post-14786553

It takes you to the thread that's linked in my signature below but that post was specifically regarding post-gaming (and I just edited it to add science post-gaming, since it was originally in response to a verbal post-gaming question).

Basically, though.. every single question. For sure. That doesn't mean you should do the same thing with every question but it's important to at least look at each one again.

An 8/8/8 is a pretty good starting point. Room to improve in each section but no section in a danger zone individually. If that was a TPR test, I wouldn't put much stock into the score though because it could be higher/lower than an AAMC scale.. it's more important to figure out which topics you are weak in than to hit your target scores at this time.

Reactions: 1 user