Quantcast

Reviews on these books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bgreet

Dopefish Lives!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey everyone, I'm certain many of you have read The D.O.'s: Osteopathic Medicine in America by Norman Gevitz and although being a little old (published in 1982) I heard it was pretty good. But my main question is, has anyone read Osteopathic Medicine: A Reformation in Progress by R. Michael Gallagher? I couldn't find any reviews on it. I just recently ordered both, and I was just wondering if I could get anyones opinions on either or. Thanks!

DORoe

BWAAA HAAA HAAA
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reading "The D.O.'s" currently. I find it informational so far and well written, but I am only on about page 60 or so. It has taught me a lot of things that I didn't know before. Don't know about the other book.

box29

Keep on keepin' on Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think this book touches many aspects of osteopathic medicine and keeps it short and sweet. I also think this book is a quick read for those who don't have much free time. I really recommend it. I read the Gevitz book and found it quite dry but very informative.

Chrisobean

The Killer Bean
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
FYI - the Gevitz book was updated and the new issue is coming out next month! check out bn.com, it has it listed but its not available yet.

bgreet

Dopefish Lives!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't tell me that chris! I just spent $39.95 for gallagher and $20.43 for Gevitz. :( Mabye I should have waited a month for Gevitz's.

Chrisobean

The Killer Bean
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
yeah i was pissed too, i bought the gevitz book a month ago to read up before my interview!!
maybe i'll go sit on the couch in barnes and noble to read the new chapter when it comes out :)

bgreet

Dopefish Lives!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haha good idea Chris, I think I'll follow suit. :)