bgreet

Dopefish Lives!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2003
NY, NY
Status (Visible)
Hey everyone, I'm certain many of you have read The D.O.'s: Osteopathic Medicine in America by Norman Gevitz and although being a little old (published in 1982) I heard it was pretty good. But my main question is, has anyone read Osteopathic Medicine: A Reformation in Progress by R. Michael Gallagher? I couldn't find any reviews on it. I just recently ordered both, and I was just wondering if I could get anyones opinions on either or. Thanks!

DORoe

BWAAA HAAA HAAA
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2003
Ohio
Status (Visible)
Reading "The D.O.'s" currently. I find it informational so far and well written, but I am only on about page 60 or so. It has taught me a lot of things that I didn't know before. Don't know about the other book.

About the Ads

box29

Keep on keepin' on Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I think this book touches many aspects of osteopathic medicine and keeps it short and sweet. I also think this book is a quick read for those who don't have much free time. I really recommend it. I read the Gevitz book and found it quite dry but very informative.

bgreet

Dopefish Lives!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2003
NY, NY
Status (Visible)
Don't tell me that chris! I just spent $39.95 for gallagher and $20.43 for Gevitz. :( Mabye I should have waited a month for Gevitz's.

Chrisobean

The Killer Bean
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
trying to get some sleep
Status (Visible)
yeah i was pissed too, i bought the gevitz book a month ago to read up before my interview!!
maybe i'll go sit on the couch in barnes and noble to read the new chapter when it comes out :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.