Revised School List Feedback.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicalProspective

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How's it going y'all! Just looking for some feedback about the schools that I have listed thus far and how feasible they are with my credentials. Would love to know if I should remove some or add some. I have a 34 MCAT (12,11,11) and a 3.9 something GPA. All A's in all of my classes with the exception of an A- in Entomology, B+ in Stats and B in Exercise Biology. These were classes I really didn't take seriously unfortunately. I am a transfer student to a University of California. My letters of rec should be extremely strong. My personal statement should be really diverse and strong. I highly appreciate any and all feedback!
My EC are as follows:

Assistant Manager at a retail store for three years. (3,500 hours or so)
Student Clinic for a year and a half. (200 hours)
Volunteer in a Hospital in two departments for a year and a half. (500 hours)
Board member of the Minority Association of Premedical Students a year and a half. (140 hours)
Co-President of a Cultural Student group for a year and a half. (140 hours)
Student Government Senator for a year. (375 hours)
Community Service at my place of worship kind of all throughout my teenage and adolescent years. (Hours unknown).
Everything else is on a smaller scale.
***Hours are based on my estimate by the time I matriculate.
***Regrettably I do not have any research.

Schools in Alphabetical Order:

Albany Medical College
Albert Einstein
Boston University
Case Western
Duke
Harvard
Hofstra
Keck (USC)
NY Medical College
Penn State
Tufts
UCD
UCI
UCLA
UCR
UCSD
UCSF
Cincinnati
Colorado
Miami
Pittsburg
Rochester
Utah
Virginia

Members don't see this ad.

Are you a member of a group that is under-represented in medicine?

I do believe I am. You are actually the individual that gave me feedback on my first list. Since posting this, I've spoken with a friend of mine who is MS3 at a UC Medical School and he recommended I apply to around thirty schools as to play things safer rather than sorry. He's confident in my numbers, but wants me to be extra cautious. He also said since I'm applying as disadvantaged, my options further increase.

Members don't see this ad :)
Laxck of research will hurt at the research powerhouses, but see my list is below:

Albany Medical College
Albert Einstein
Boston University
Case Western OR Duke or Pittsburg
Hofstra
Keck (USC)
NY Medical College
Tufts
UCD
UCI
UCLA
UCR (only if you're from the Inland Empire)
Cincinnati
Colorado
Miami
Rochester
U AZ
U VM
The Philly triplets
Creighton
U Miami
Tulane
Loyola
MCW
SLU
Rush
Rosy franklin
Wake Forest
All other new MD schools, except Central MI

North Africans are not generally considered under-represented in medicine.
This may beome problematic for you. Many will view the self-identification of nonsub-saharan as African American disingenuous.
This has become more acute after SLU's humiliation at the hands of Mindy Kaling's brother.

Laxck of research will hurt at the research powerhouses, but see my list is below:

Albany Medical College
Albert Einstein
Boston University
Case Western OR Duke or Pittsburg
Hofstra
Keck (USC)
NY Medical College
Tufts
UCD
UCI
UCLA
UCR (only if you're from the Inland Empire)
Cincinnati
Colorado
Miami
Rochester
U AZ
U VM
The Philly triplets
Creighton
U Miami
Tulane
Loyola
MCW
SLU
Rush
Rosy franklin
Wake Forest
All other new MD schools, except Central MI

Thank you for your feedback! This list helped me add a few schools.

North Africans are not generally considered under-represented in medicine.
This may beome problematic for you. Many will view the self-identification of nonsub-saharan as African American disingenuous.
This has become more acute after SLU's humiliation at the hands of Mindy Kaling's brother.

I spoke to the dean of diversity at a UC and she told me to identify with whatever I felt comfortable with. However, when I said I was applying as disadvantaged, I was speaking in regards to me economical status.