RFA scheduling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

med7343

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
wanted to see groups timeline from MBB to RFA
after its decided that its axial pain requiring RFA- how you guys do the follow ups after the procedures?
does it take 6-8 weeks to go from first MBB to final RFA

Members don't see this ad.

after its decided that its axial pain requiring RFA- how you guys do the follow ups after the procedures?
About 8 weeks from start to finish

Depends on insurance honestly. Medicare consult/mbb/RFA 1-2 weeks. Insurance. Evaluation 2 weeks auth MBB. 2 weeks for 2nd auth. Two more weeks for RFA auth. 6-8 weeks total. Less if insurance doesn’t require confirmatory block.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you call and document Steve or the MA does it for you?

No OV between MBB x2 and RF. Document patient call back/ diary.

Same.

Patients sent home with a pain diary we give them, they fill it out hourly for 8 hours (scored hourly before and after procedure), then read it to my staff day after MBB.

I can get through entire process in under a month on most occasions, but not always.

I will MBB bilaterally, but I'll only burn unilaterally on any one day.

For L/R pain it is bilateral MBB and then L or R RFA, one week later contralaterally, and all RFA follow ups are 3-4 weeks after procedure so I don't have to listen to stories about being sore or having a sunburn on their neck.

Reactions: 4 users