RFU interview day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GujuMD

1K member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is a typical interview day at Rosalind Franklin. All i know is that there are two separate interviews, tour, and lunch. it starts at 9 and ends at 2...are the interviews one after the other?

Members don't see this ad.

They start people off interviewing right away - I think they usually go alphabetically - and go through everyone, and then they do the same for the second interview. After the 2 interviews a student brings everyone on a tour of the building, and then they give you a $7 (if I remember correctly) voucher for lunch in the cafeteria, where you eat and chat with the medical student some more. After that, you're done. If you're lucky, the dean will come in while you're waiting to be interviewed, introduces himself, and asks everyone who is there a couple of questions about themselves just to get to know them. No financial aid session or anything. I had a really nice visit - very relaxed and friendly. Good luck! :luck:

Congrats on the interview--it's a VERY relaxed day.

When you get there at 9, you'll be chillin in the waiting room with the other interviewees. You'll then get a short introduction, after which the interviews will start.

Basically, the interview comes to the room, calls your name, and you go off to a different room for the interview. When you're done, it's back to the waiting room, and then repeat. There are supposed to be two interviews (one with faculty, one with student); however, if there is a large score discrepancy between the two of them, you will have a third. Also, during the waiting room time, there are students present to answer questions.

After this, you will have the tour/lunch time. If i remember correctly, the tour is broken up into two components, with lunch sometime in between. Lunch is pretty good--it's at their cafeteria--and you have a $7 meal ticket i believe.

Good luck, and have fun!

Members don't see this ad :)
its a good interview day if you are a social person. because you basically stuck in one room together from 9 till 2. but if you are not bring a book to read. it can get borin'.

thanks everyone!

Anyone interview with the crazy scientist guy with the crazy white hair?

when's your interview guju md?