Rfu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seeni

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some have been accepted and some rejected. But when I call they say that to their knowledge the commitee hasnt met and no decisions sent out but will be prior to dec 20. i interviewed early on and others who interviewd after me have heard specially the acceptees. Since RFU has a scoring system at interviews maybe they automatically reject low scores and accpet high scores. Does that mean I m going on a bloody waitlist?:scared: havent i waited long enough to hear from you RFU?

Members don't see this ad.

Some have been accepted and some rejected. But when I call they say that to their knowledge the commitee hasnt met and no decisions sent out but will be prior to dec 20. i interviewed early on and others who interviewd after me have heard specially the acceptees. Since RFU has a scoring system at interviews maybe they automatically reject low scores and accpet high scores. Does that mean I m going on a bloody waitlist?:scared: havent i waited long enough to hear from you RFU?
I have no idea what to tell you except I got my rejection in the mail, and based on my scores/GPA alone, the lady in the admissions office couldn't make heads or tails of it. She suggested that I make a phone counseling appointment to find out where my application fell short. I'm hoping this will give me some insight into things for future interviews and in case I have to reapply (I pray that doesn't happen).

But, to answer your question...it's a good sign if they haven't sent you a decision yet. Either they haven't met, or you are going to be re-reviewed. Try sending a letter of interest if you really want to go to this school.

Jessy Erin...

So you have been rejected post-interview already? I didn't realize they had sent those out yet. I thought they had just rejected people pre-interview. Anyway, i am sorry to hear either way, and I wish you good luck in the process.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is weird. i want a letter...a good one. i interviewed early october...when did people who already got a letter interview?

pre-interview. whoops. sorry if I caused confusion. I guess I'm being self-absorbed with my recent rejection.

this is weird. i want a letter...a good one. i interviewed early october...when did people who already got a letter interview?

this is MY THEORY, so dont hold me on this. but i think those who scored really high overall got acceptances (Remember RFU gives numerical scores out for everything)...those who are on the borderline, will have to wait till the meeting continues and they get a bigger sample (plus when RFU deadline ends (dec 1st), so they know how many more applicants will apply). This explains the fact that one guy who got accepted after a week after his interviews... so hold on, i bet we will see a mass acceptance going out sometime in mid december (like the admin guy said)...

good luck for those of you waiting..

pre-interview. whoops. sorry if I caused confusion. I guess I'm being self-absorbed with my recent rejection.

i feel you on that one. also rejected pre-interview. :(

I have been complete at RFU since September 29, but still no word of interviews. Is it too early for me to worry about them?

your stats are pretty good. i would call them see what is up. especailly if you didnt get the patented RFU email telling you that you are "under consideration for interview".

On a side note. For those of you who underestimate applying early...here is a classic proof.

Eiken your stats are probably excatly or bit better than mine (3.7, 34Q)...your EC compare to mine also. You are a Canadian like me and you and I went to the same university.... You are an over-presented minority like me too....So the only difference is that I applied 1.5 months earlier!

Apply early ppl...apply early!