Rheumatology job in small community hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silentreader

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, Everyone,

Just had my first interview for rheum job in a remote small community hospital, hospital employee. hospital 100 beds running by hospitalist. One main campus clinic, 4 affiliated clinics. One rheumatologist already established in main campus and one affiliated clinic. If I join, I will do outpatient in two clinics. One infusion center in main campus, supervised by hematology, plan to open two infusion centers in another 2 clinics where I will see patients and supervised by me.

No inpatient consult, no night call and weekend call.

Guaranteed first two year salary 250k. Starting from third year, salary based on RVU. One RVU is 80% of national average of one RVU.

Is this a good offer or not?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, Everyone,

Just had my first interview for rheum job in a remote small community hospital, hospital employee. hospital 100 beds running by hospitalist. One main campus clinic, 4 affiliated clinics. One rheumatologist already established in main campus and one affiliated clinic. If I join, I will do outpatient in two clinics. One infusion center in main campus, supervised by hematology, plan to open two infusion centers in another 2 clinics where I will see patients and supervised by me.

No inpatient consult, no night call and weekend call.

Guaranteed first two year salary 250k. Starting from third year, salary based on RVU. One RVU is 80% of national average of one RVU.

Is this a good offer or not?

Thanks
What is the dollars per wRVU? How many days a week? How "remote" are we talking?

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the dollars per wRVU? How many days a week? How "remote" are we talking?

I asked what is the dollars per wRVU? They did not answer.

36 hours clinic, 4 hours paper work. At least 4.5 days

Like Athens area?

I asked what is the dollars per wRVU? They did not answer.

36 hours clinic, 4 hours paper work. At least 4.5 days

Like Athens area?
They couldn’t tell you what the compensation formula is after your guarantee is over? Red flag...

They couldn’t tell you what the compensation formula is after your guarantee is over? Red flag...
Thanks. The two clinics are one hour far away. Seems like 2 hours on high way everyday

Thanks. The two clinics are one hour far away. Seems like 2 hours on high way everyday
Well that’s one thing but the dollars per rvu is another. If someone paid me $90/wRVU to drive one hour I would have to consider it.

If they don’t want to tell you then I wouldn’t take the job purely out of distrust. Every contract I was ever given had very clear formula for compensation. The only time I would let it go is if you didn’t want to stay there longterm and just wanted to slack off for two years making good money.

Reactions: 1 user
Well that’s one thing but the dollars per rvu is another. If someone paid me $90/wRVU to drive one hour I would have to consider it.

If they don’t want to tell you then I wouldn’t take the job purely out of distrust. Every contract I was ever given had very clear formula for compensation. The only time I would let it go is if you didn’t want to stay there longterm and just wanted to slack off for two years making good money.
They just said GI is 58 per wRVU, but not know rheum’s.

They just said GI is 58 per wRVU, but not know rheum’s.
Lol then they better figure it out. This is like walking into a closing deal for a house and saying “well I know what I would pay for a downtown loft but I don’t know what I would pay for this one. So... take the down payment and why don’t you just sign the house over to me and I’ll figure out the rest of the price later.”