Ride For World Health

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

healthforall

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
“A Journey Across the Nation to Meet Needs Across the World”

Dear Fellow Students and Health Care Professionals,
This April and May I am joining RideforWorldHealth (R4WH) on an exciting journey across the U.S. Our goal is to fight Global Health Inequities by increasing awareness. All along our 3,700-mile ride we will be giving lectures as to how we as Americans can prevent unnecessary human suffering worldwide. In order to get our message out we will be stopping at hospitals, schools, city halls, and everywhere in between. In addition, our organization has chosen two beneficiaries who provide critical care for the underserved, both in the U.S. and overseas. The Global Health Access Program (GHAP) and the Pendulum Project are renowned for their extraordinary work on various health problems in the developing world. For decades they have been mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDS on children living in sub-Saharan Africa and providing primary health care services to the poor of Southeast Asia. Without fundraising events from groups such as R4WH, these organizations would not be able to directly save and improve the quality of life of those they serve.

I am writing to ask that you join R4WH and myself, so that we can achieve a “victory for humanity.” Together, we can work to assure adequate primary healthcare services are available and accessible to all people, no matter where they live. Accomplishing such goals requires that we make new friends and find new sponsors.

Not everybody has the time or energy to ride a bike across the country, but we can all respond to this challenge set before us. Please consider an online donation at www.rideforworldhealth.org/donate or donate by writing a check directly to “Ride for World Health” and forward it to (P.O. Box 8234 Columbus Ohio, 43201). Please reference my name when donating, as each rider is asked to raise a certain amount for our beneficiaries. Last year in our inaugural year, with small donations from individuals such as you, we were able to raise over $100,000 for Partners in Health (http://www.pih.org). This year we would like to make an even bigger impact. Thank you for your support.

Respectfully,
Mark Pedri
Passionate Public Health Professional and Medical Student
[email protected] or 410-878-6454

P.S. To learn more about our wonderful beneficiaries, please visit the Global Health Access Program (www.ghap.org) and the Pendulum Project (www.pendulumproject.org). If you are unable to help us reach our ambitious goal of providing quality health care for those who need it the most, please forward this letter to others whom you think may be more able to at the moment. Remember, no donation is too small. Pennies save lives. Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.