Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

right handed prep for mcat

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by mommy2three, Mar 4, 2007.

1. mommy2three

mommy2three PGY-1

Resident [Any Field]
    just wondering how my fellow right handers are prepping for this computer version. are or haev to practiced using the mouse with your left hand to leave your right hand free for calculations etc when the time somes?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Captain Fantastic

Physician

Nope. I used both hands when I did calculations: left hand to hold the scratch paper still, right hand for the pencil. Trying to mouse with my left hand would have been very distracting for me, I think, even with practice.

4. chicksdigdocs

the place i'm taking the mcat in doesn't even allow paper/pencil
    they give you 2 laminated sheets of paper, 2 dry-erase markers, and a dry-erase eraser.
    So I will need 2 hands to uncap the marker and all that jazz anyway. its stupid.

But if I did have a paper/pencil I would still use the mouse with my right just because if you really think about it, you probably won't be saving any time that way.

5. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    Leave the marker uncapped in your left hand. That way you can easily transfer it to the right.