right handed prep for mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mommy2three

PGY-1
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering how my fellow right handers are prepping for this computer version. are or haev to practiced using the mouse with your left hand to leave your right hand free for calculations etc when the time somes?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. I used both hands when I did calculations: left hand to hold the scratch paper still, right hand for the pencil. Trying to mouse with my left hand would have been very distracting for me, I think, even with practice.

the place i'm taking the mcat in doesn't even allow paper/pencil
they give you 2 laminated sheets of paper, 2 dry-erase markers, and a dry-erase eraser.
So I will need 2 hands to uncap the marker and all that jazz anyway. its stupid.

But if I did have a paper/pencil I would still use the mouse with my right just because if you really think about it, you probably won't be saving any time that way.

the place i'm taking the mcat in doesn't even allow paper/pencil
they give you 2 laminated sheets of paper, 2 dry-erase markers, and a dry-erase eraser.
So I will need 2 hands to uncap the marker and all that jazz anyway. its stupid.

But if I did have a paper/pencil I would still use the mouse with my right just because if you really think about it, you probably won't be saving any time that way.
Leave the marker uncapped in your left hand. That way you can easily transfer it to the right.