Rigors of the Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FourCharlie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So.. I f*cked up. I made a decision with out thought, in attempt to save a child.. and the child died anyway... died of a massive infection. Which, had I known about, I wouldn't have done mouth to mouth, during CPR. I now have it also, Strep. Wow, never had it before, can't eat, barely able to sip, tonsils are white, bleeding, along with various other not so conversation friendly elements. Two others that also did CPR have it as well.

I don't want advice. Just an opinion.

Once informed, the physician handling it called in a script for Amoxil. 3000mg/day. 2 x 500mg/three times a day. 24,000mg in 8 days. Isn't that a bit much? The side effects are killing me, slowly, probably. By all accounts from things I googled, the dose is equal to 1.5 OD's a day. But they didn't have to tell us how the kid died, so I'm afraid they aren't telling us something, and hence afraid not to take it all.

Members don't see this ad.

Wasn't taken to a hospital, asystole, with a 40min transport. Ended efforts on scene per protocol.

Hi FourCharlie

The terms of agreement of this site do not allow anyone to give you medical advice over the Internet. If you have any concerns please contact your physician. I hope you get well soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.