Rip my study plan to shreds, please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bluestepel

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I voided my 7/24 MCAT and after a break from studying and a long family vacation I am ready to dive back in with an intended retake date of January ?, 2019. I would appreciate any feedback about my plan:

The resources I have now:
1) Kaplan online course access, expires 9/20.
2) Kaplan 7-book set
3) Really old hand-me-down EK materials
4) Khan Academy

The plan:
1) From now until my Kaplan course access expires (September 20th), focus on those resources (and Khan Academy) mostly to do another round of content review (my highest ever FL score was 500 on Next Step 1; my last AAMC test was a 499 which prompted me to void, and several people have told me I probably have content deficits to fix with scores stuck around 500).

2) From September 20th through Christmas use Berkeley Review materials for practice passages. Use Jack Westin and Khan to practice CARS after Kaplan course expires.

3) Start taking full-lengths (BR, EK, Next Step) and review them every weekend one month before my test date.

I work one day a week and withdrew from classes this semester to minimize my outside distractions but I may try to shadow and volunteer a little.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I am going to use the AAMC official guide as a starting point, so for example, look over what is covered in section 1A, then go to all the resources I have that cover that section in Kaplan, Khan, Google, etc...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
We're in a similar situation in that I will also dedicate this semester for the MCAT in early January. I'm trying to keep it simple by doing content review (with Kaplan 7-book set) until around October and then practice/FLs until test date. In my opinion, taking FLs one month before your test date is risky because you won't have enough time to fix your weakness (well at least for me). Lastly, make sure to add AAMC materials!

Reactions: 1 user
We're in a similar situation in that I will also dedicate this semester for the MCAT in early January. I'm trying to keep it simple by doing content review (with Kaplan 7-book set) until around October and then practice/FLs until test date. In my opinion, taking FLs one month before your test date is risky because you won't have enough time to fix your weakness (well at least for me). Lastly, make sure to add AAMC materials!

Good point, should probably start the FLs earlier!!

Also will add all the AAMC materials earlier towards the end too.