star23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2001
Visit site
Status
As it is a computerized test, why does it take several weeks to get our scores. For those of us taking boards early, the information will be essentially useless as I'll probably get my score about one week before boards. Any ASCP'ers out there that know what the story on this is?

GeoLeoX

Ancient
15+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2000
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Similarly to the boards all the questions have to be analyzed for reproducibility. If you have taken the RISE before you will notice that several questions are deleted. This is usually because these questions didn't test well (or were "trial questions"). In order for this to be done, everyone has to have taken the test. And with almost every pathology resident taking this test (up to today) the process of correlating this data takes a little while.

GeoLeoX

Ancient
15+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2000
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Can I imply from this statement that questions are repeated, year over year?
i stated it poorly. what i meant was that when you receive the results from the test you also receive a list corresponding to the questions with a general statement (eg. "serous adenocarcinoma of the ovary") and a reference, not the actual questions and answers.

that being said, questions are repeated. this is one of the reasons that the ASCP no longer provides the questions and answers with your results as it previously had.

Last edited:

mrp

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 9, 2001
Visit site
Status
I heard that they finally removed the Maslow's hierarchy of needs question.

This had been a running joke for the past 7 years, at least.

malchik

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Sadly, Maslow is not relevant to pathology training this year. What gives? I was counting on that free point.