Risks of Going to Med School in South Asia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sga430

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
of all the countries in south asia india i feel has the lowest risk. a friend of mine went to med school in nepal and it shut down and he lost time. also there is a risk to going to med school in pakistan. what if there is another coup? i was in india at the time of coup and i was **** worried there may be a war. also at times there were religious riots but all in all india politically stable for the most part. however there is always the chance of the med school closing down. in my college they switched university affiliations as bangalore university closed down. there r many other risks about going to india including getting sick, postponement of exams, visa delays and all together inaccurate scoring of exams and possibly losing time due to that. most likely you will not save time. everyone in my batch took longer than a us med student as with the postponements of exams the course was 7 years and not 5.5 years.

keep it simple and stay in america. case closed.

Members don't see this ad.