RN-BS-CRNA??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meandragonbrett

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I thought I would post my question here because you guys seem like you know what you're talking about! :) Ok I plan on going to nursing school and then going on to get my masters w\a focus on Nurse Anesthesia so I can become a CRNA. What do you guys think about me doing a two year program then get my BS during the week and work on the weekends to get my CCU experience needed for the anesthesia program? What do you think of that? It would cut 2 years off of my plan if I did it that way instead of doing BSN, 2years of CCU, then MSNA. Please tell me your opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

Can you do that? I thought that CRNA school was four years in addition to the 4 years of nursing school? I think maybe I know nothing about the school aspect of it all;

BUT I do know that if thats what you want to do you can make lots of money. My mom is mad at me for going to pre med because she thinks that I would make more as a CRNA (thats what she does) she knows neurosurgeons and cardiologists that make less $$ than she does! But Im not interested in it... but if you could do that, I would.

I work with a few crna's. the training is 2 years after the bsn; 1 year of didactic and 1 year of clinical training.