RN, DMD to become a biology teacher

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.p53

RN to DMD
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good day. I am both a dentist and a nurse. I really love biological subjects such as general biology and microbiology. I am planning to become a college biology teacher while practicing as dentist in private practice. May I ask if my RN and DMD degrees can help me apply as a biology teacher to dental students or to nursing students? Or do I need to go back in college and enroll the whole B.S biology course? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I am not sure of this but CC in my area require lecturers to have a Masters degree in that subject matter in order to teach.

Members don't see this ad :)
It probably depends on supply and demand. Also what kind of pay scale the CC is offering. Once I applied for a job to teach Physiology 101 CC and I had no problem getting a position with a DC degree. Pay was awful however. I can't see a Masters level faculty being willing to work for what they were offering. You'll just have to send off a few emails to program directors and find out the specifics.

Regardless, make sure you feel capable in the role. Teaching is a specific skill set and it takes study and work to get good at it.

I don't have any advice for you but I want to let you know that your passion is very inspiring! I wish you all the best in following your passion :)

Reactions: 2 users
I don't have any advice for you but I want to let you know that your passion is very inspiring! I wish you all the best in following your passion :)

Agreed!

Thank
Thank you from the bottom of my ❤ :)

It probably depends on supply and demand. Also what kind of pay scale the CC is offering. Once I applied for a job to teach Physiology 101 CC and I had no problem getting a position with a DC degree. Pay was awful however. I can't see a Masters level faculty being willing to work for what they were offering. You'll just have to send off a few emails to program directors and find out the specifics.

Regardless, make sure you feel capable in the role. Teaching is a specific skill set and it takes study and work to get good at it.
Noted. Thank you :)