Rn?pa?crna?ahhhhhhhhhhh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paramedic22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if this is a repeat thread!! I am a 23 year old paramedic in Mass. (really busy system with over 4000 calls alone on my truck). The work is getting long, and money short. I am looking to go in a different direction the only problem is the education.... I have one course shy of an A.S. degree in fire science, and obviously my medic. Now, here are the questions: Obviously I would like to get this done ASAP and so might be willing to go to school fulltime (which most programs require anyway). A BSN program would be tough to get into, however when I got out I woul have the option of doing CRNA or NP work and earn my M.S. The problem is enrollment. Are there any tips to getting into a BSN program over the next Joe? Will my medic help? I know the animosity between nurses and medics (or at least in my region). Should I continue fulltime with a school that offers a bachelors degree in something else (liberal arts or Bio) and then continue on to complete my PA (Northeastern U. in Boston has a program I might be able to get into). Anyway, what direction should I go to start earning more $$ ASAP..... What do you guys think! :D Stay safe out there!

Members don't see this ad.

If you are in a hurry, why not do an ADN program and then do an RN-BSN program while working as a nurse? There are a lot offered online through reputable campuses. It's two years vs. four. You'll then have your BSN to pursue on and get your masters if you choose (whether nursing or PA you'll be well covered).

If you are in a hurry, why not do an ADN program and then do an RN-BSN program while working as a nurse? There are a lot offered online through reputable campuses. It's two years vs. four. You'll then have your BSN to pursue on and get your masters if you choose (whether nursing or PA you'll be well covered).
Agreed. There are many online schools. You can check out Kaplan University. They just start the online nursing courses. This is an ADN program. However, you have to do an exam before you are admitted in the nursing program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd personally do a program through a campus based program. If I was going to do an online program, I'd do it through a school that also has a campus based program.

Hey guys, sorry if this is a repeat thread!! I am a 23 year old paramedic in Mass. (really busy system with over 4000 calls alone on my truck). The work is getting long, and money short. I am looking to go in a different direction the only problem is the education.... I have one course shy of an A.S. degree in fire science, and obviously my medic. Now, here are the questions: Obviously I would like to get this done ASAP and so might be willing to go to school fulltime (which most programs require anyway). A BSN program would be tough to get into, however when I got out I woul have the option of doing CRNA or NP work and earn my M.S. The problem is enrollment. Are there any tips to getting into a BSN program over the next Joe? Will my medic help? I know the animosity between nurses and medics (or at least in my region). Should I continue fulltime with a school that offers a bachelors degree in something else (liberal arts or Bio) and then continue on to complete my PA (Northeastern U. in Boston has a program I might be able to get into). Anyway, what direction should I go to start earning more $$ ASAP..... What do you guys think! :D Stay safe out there!

try Excelsior