Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Robbins Pathology International vs US version

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by DrRedstone, Apr 12, 2018.

1. DrRedstone

DrRedstone Medical Student

Medical Student
    For everyone going to a school that emphasizes reading Robbins as part of pathology curriculums (Especially KCU) -

Have any of you used the international version of the text? Did you have any problems following along with the class? I'd like to save a bit of money, but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sab3156

Medical Student (Accepted)
    In my masters program, our pathology course also was based on Robbins (the smaller one, however), and the course director said there is no difference between the two editions that would affect your performance on exams. I would assume there is no significant difference between the two big editions.

4. ortnakas

ortnakas OMS-IV

Medical Student
    I think it’s mostly formatting differences, so changes in page numbers could make reading assignments complicated, but there shouldn’t be any content differences.

5. JustPlainBill

JustPlainBill Attending
    Physician

Attending Physician
    The money is not worth the worry -- if you're with Putthoff, my advice would be to get the version he is using/has assigned for the class...this is not the thing you want to screw with right now -- 2nd year path is going to be fun and games enough with him.....especially if he still does that call on someone random, make them stand up and then quiz them in front of the class regarding some salient point in a case presentation stuff.....it does get you ready to present on rounds with no fear but takes some getting used to....