Daitong

7+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Hi,

Anyone have thoughts on this during dedicated? I would use it only as a flash-card esque system near the end of the day (answer the questions as fast as I can, minimal critical thinking) after doing my UW and other dedicated materials.

Best,

ortnakas

DO PGY-2
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I used Robbins Review throughout MS2 and it was very helpful, but the questions are too detailed to get through as you're describing. If you decide to go this route, you'd have to treat the questions more like uworld questions than like flashcards.

Reactions: lymphocyte

Phloston

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2012
Osaka, Japan
Hi,

Anyone have thoughts on this during dedicated? I would use it only as a flash-card esque system near the end of the day (answer the questions as fast as I can, minimal critical thinking) after doing my UW and other dedicated materials.

Best,
No, do not use Robbins during dedicated. Focus on FA and questions. The review of path Qs are nice during MS2 alongside classes, but for the usmle it's not where your money is.

OnePunchBiopsy

General Surgery
Feb 3, 2014
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Goljan once said Robbins is a huge waste of time.

I never opened it once during medical school.

Do FA, UWORLD, and Pathoma.

Reperfused

2+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I'm ~4 months out from my exam (& a slow but steady learner). I am doing Robbins path review questions alongside UWorld which I just started. I agree it does take away quite a chunk of my time.
During the last 4 weeks (dedicated), I absolutely plan on doing nothing but UFAP (quick 2nd passes of these 3 things) & NBMEs. But before that, during these 3 months, is it fine the way I'm doing it?
My target is an absolute 250+ (a 249 will not only hurt, but may kill!). That's why decided to get exposed to path a bit more than just the "highest yield".

Any reassurance/criticism is welcome.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2016
Status
Medical Student
I'm ~4 months out from my exam (& a slow but steady learner). I am doing Robbins path review questions alongside UWorld which I just started. I agree it does take away quite a chunk of my time.
During the last 4 weeks (dedicated), I absolutely plan on doing nothing but UFAP (quick 2nd passes of these 3 things) & NBMEs. But before that, during these 3 things, is it fine the way I'm doing it?
My target is an absolute 250+ (a 249 will not only hurt, but may kill!). That's why decided to get exposed to path a bit more than just the "highest yield".

You might want to start UW a bit earlier and aim to finish it with 2-3 weeks remaining since doing incorrect & marked questions will take another 2 weeks.

Last edited:
OP
D

Daitong

7+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2012
Status
Medical Student
During the last 4 weeks (dedicated), I absolutely plan on doing nothing but UFAP (quick 2nd passes of these 3 things) & NBMEs. But before that, during these 3 things, is it fine the way I'm doing it?

Sounds like a good plan, I'll probably do what you're doing but add in more Sketchy (I'm 8 months out)

Reactions: Reperfused

Reperfused

2+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2015
Status
Medical Student
You might want to start UW a bit earlier and aim to finish it with 2-3 weeks remaining since doing incorrect & marked questions will take another 2 weeks.
Thanks for your input.

I have already just started UWorld. I was referring to a quick 2nd pass of UW during the last 4 weeks of dedicated.
I guess you thought I was going to do the first pass of UW in the last 4 weeks? Or are you suggesting to do incorrect/marked questions again even after a second pass of UW?