hmm...

I yam what I yam
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Anyone get the new edition? Is it that much better? Specifically how many new questions are there?

Ableton

Love Inside
7+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2009
Status
I had both at one point in time (and an extra copy of the 3rd edition too... so 3 copies of the book haha) and from a quick glance, the differences between the 2nd and 3rd editions seemed very sparse (the new edition also references specific sections from the new 8th edition of Robbins).

I wasn't neurotic enough to care about counting the number of questions and simply decided to go with the shiny new version. Just get the 3rd edition, it's only like $40.

Captain Fantastic

10+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2005
Mizzou Med
Status
Anyone get the new edition? Is it that much better? Specifically how many new questions are there?
I have the 3rd, my study-buddy has the 2nd. We just went through the heart questions between the two editions on Friday. Maybe there was one different question for the whole chapter. The only significant difference I can tell is that the new one includes references to Robbins 8th and the cover is red instead of blue/purple-ish.

lildave2586

10+ Year Member
May 12, 2008
The ville
Status
Medical Student
Almost no difference between the 2nd and 3rd edition. Big difference between 1st and 2nd. There are almost zero new questions. Some of the answers are tweaked a little bit, but nothing that would make it worth spending more money on if you already have the 2nd edition.