Rochester AEGD international program 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is rochester done with interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email from EIOH URochester today! :soexcited:
Good luck to everyone

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everyone
Congratulations tannlege....
Could you please sheer in detail who sent you email and all what should we expect ?
I mean they have already sent email to everyone or not?
Thanks and congrats again.

@NJAEGD2015
Hi, I got an email from Catherine Hubbard and here's the email they sent.

Thank you for applying to the University of Rochester Eastman Institute for Oral Health’s two-year (2) Advanced Education in General Dentistry Postdoctoral Training Program. It is our pleasure to extend an offer to you for our two-year (2) Advanced Education in General Dentistry Postdoctoral Training Program starting June 1, 2016 through June 30, 2018. Deadline for acceptance or to decline is no later than 12:00 noon on Monday, January 18, 2016 and must be in writing via email.

If you accept this offer please note the following:

1. An official offer/acceptance letter will be generated and mailed to you within two weeks.

2. Please provide us with an official mailing address.

3. Please provide us with your current phone number.

Pasted below is a snap shot of the estimated expenses for the 1st year of the two year program. This information will also be included in the Offer/Acceptance Letter mailed to you should you accept this offer. All figures are estimated, the estimated cost for health insurance and mandatory health fee is for single coverage/expenses, and all can change without notice and will be at the prevailing rate for subsequent terms. A $1,500 non-refundable deposit is required by the deadline that will be noted in your official offer/acceptance letter. In addition the estimated expenses outlined below do not include the costs associated with the following, all of which are pre-requisites for the program: 1) American Heart Association (AHA) Certification for Healthcare Providers (this certification will be determined by the Registrar’s Office based on Commission on Dental Accreditation [CODA] standards for your program); 2) Criminal Background Check; 3) health assessment, drug screening, immunization requirements; 4) visa (if required); 5) travel/relocation; and, 6) other certifications that may be required by the University and/or regulatory agencies or by CODA as a part of their standards for the program.

Congratulations on being accepted into our two-year (2) Advanced Education in General Dentistry Postdoctoral Training Program! We are excited to have you join EIOH! Please let me know if you have any questions and/or need further clarification regarding this offer.

Regards,

EIOH Admissions Office

Year 1

SY 2016-17

Tuition

Deposit CREDIT

(1,500.00)

EIOH Administrative & IT Fees

General Dentistry Program Instrument Fee

*University International Service Office (ISO) Fee

*Mandatory Health Fee (single coverage)

*Mandatory Health Insurance (single coverage)

*Mandatory Health Professions Insurance

*Living Expenses (this estimate is for candidate only; if family plan on additional expenses)

Total Estimated Cost/Year

Congratulations tannlege....
Could you please sheer in detail who sent you email and all what should we expect ?
I mean they have already sent email to everyone or not?
Thanks and congrats again.

Reactions: 1 users
@NJAEGD2015

Thank you for applying to the University of Rochester Eastman Institute for Oral Health’s two-year (2) Advanced Education in General Dentistry Postdoctoral Training Program. It is our pleasure to extend an offer to you for our two-year (2) Advanced Education in General Dentistry Postdoctoral Training Program starting June 1, 2016 through June 30, 2018. Deadline for acceptance or to decline is no later than 12:00 noon on Monday, January 18, 2016 and must be in writing via email.

1. An official offer/acceptance letter will be generated and mailed to you within two weeks.

Pasted below is a snap shot of the estimated expenses for the 1st year of the two year program. This information will also be included in the Offer/Acceptance Letter mailed to you should you accept this offer. All figures are estimated, the estimated cost for health insurance and mandatory health fee is for single coverage/expenses, and all can change without notice and will be at the prevailing rate for subsequent terms. A $1,500 non-refundable deposit is required by the deadline that will be noted in your official offer/acceptance letter. In addition the estimated expenses outlined below do not include the costs associated with the following, all of which are pre-requisites for the program: 1) American Heart Association (AHA) Certification for Healthcare Providers (this certification will be determined by the Registrar’s Office based on Commission on Dental Accreditation [CODA] standards for your program); 2) Criminal Background Check; 3) health assessment, drug screening, immunization requirements; 4) visa (if required); 5) travel/relocation; and, 6) other certifications that may be required by the University and/or regulatory agencies or by CODA as a part of their standards for the program.

Congratulations on being accepted into our two-year (2) Advanced Education in General Dentistry Postdoctoral Training Program! We are excited to have you join EIOH! Please let me know if you have any questions and/or need further clarification regarding this offer.

Regards,

EIOH Admissions Office

Year 1

SY 2016-17

Tuition

Deposit CREDIT

(1,500.00)

*Living Expenses (this estimate is for candidate only; if family plan on additional expenses)

Wow it's a long email.....
Thank you tannlege for sharing it. According to yr email, if someone is not responding them by 18th then they will contact other. So let's cross our fingers who hv not received it for Monday (next week).
Congrats once again tannlege and thanks for sharing it

Congrats tannlege!!! do you know anyone from your batch who got accepted? are they sending acceptances batchwise or all of them at once?I appreciate all your help.....congratss once again!!

Hi tiffany10985, Unfortunately I have no Idea how or when they are sending out acceptances. I don't know anyone who applied and got accepted. As far as I know, I thought we will be informed after the Match results (graduates from US/Canada schools) and that's on Jan 25. So I assume that I will hear from them between Jan 25 - Feb 24. I was surprise I got an email so early from them. I'm sure you'll hear from them very soon.

Congrats tannlege!!! do you know anyone from your batch who got accepted? are they sending acceptances batchwise or all of them at once?I appreciate all your help.....congratss once again!!

Hi Savvy,

The interview was long wait. I was scheduled to have my interview at 9 am. I got interviewed by the Director around 12pm and after the interview with the director, I had to wait for an hour and a half for the next interview, done by the assistant director. If you're flying in to Rochester make sure that your flight is after 5pm and just in case, you are staying in a hotel make sure to bring your luggage with you or check out of your room and have it placed in the hotel's luggage room so you may get it after the interview. There were approximately 20 applicants yesterday with very impressive background like for example, there this guy who has over 15 years of clinical experience and teaching experience. Some have a masters and some have published articles. So program is very competitive. So Savvy, just relax and be yourself. They just wanted to know who you are and if you are a good fit with their program and if your personality and background checks out with your application you submitted. They asked the most basic questions like introduce yourself or tell me about yourself? What are you going to do when you are rejected from this program? These are some of the questions I remember. Remember these questions are very basic and these people have been doing this so long and in how you respond to it will determine if you are what they are looking for. Its good to sell yourself but not to much. be humble and in the end its not about you. Its how you can contribute to the program. These are the basic things any school or employer evaluate people for an interview. So good luck and remember, just relax and enjoy the experience and everything will be alright.

Hi,
I hope that you have been accepted into the program. I was checking their website for their requirement but i couldn"t find any.
Would you minde share with me what they are asking for like toefl score nabde.....

@NJAEGD2015

Regards,

EIOH Admissions Office

Year 1

SY 2016-17

Tuition

Deposit CREDIT

(1,500.00)

NJAEGD Congrats i just have a couple of questions: when did you apply, did you have an IV? And also can you give us your stats? Thank you I am tring to do the post/match with them!!!i appreciate your reply..,

Members don't see this ad :)
NJAEGD Congrats i just have a couple of questions: when did you apply, did you have an IV? And also can you give us your stats? Thank you I am tring to do the post/match with them!!!i appreciate your reply..,
Hi SiDentist16, sorry but It's not me tannlege got acceptance and if you have done DDS from USA or CANADA, then only you can apply through PASS /Match otherwise you have to apply directly at EIOH. They don't want any specific thing. Valid international dentistry degree, recommendation n toefl are good enough to apply... But if you have any extra curricular it's always advantageous for any program

Reactions: 1 user
I contacted them today by email, and they replied that they will contact all applicants by the end of this week.
Let's hope that they will do so.

Hey tannlege congrats! :)

I was just wondering, what country did you get your dental degree?

So, if accepted here...and having a family...what can be done to pay that 40,000.00 dollars. ?

Hi everyone,

I just email catherine today, she replied me that they still not made any final decisions........we are in end of feb ?
good luck :xf:

But some one posted last month that he/she got accepted!!

even I have same question? how come she sent me such reply......

Thanks for sharing the information Savvy. Did Catherine give you any hint when they will contact the applicants?

hi orthohass,
NO, but see told that , she going to inform through email to every student about they decision ......

Contacted them again. The results not decided yet.

Good luck to everyone
Hi tannlege,
How is the residency going?Can fTDs get license to practice in other states after aged?Also will it be a temporary license or a permanent one?After how many years ll FTDs get a permanent license once graduated from Rochester program.Thank u

Hi tannlege,
How is the residency going?Can fTDs get license to practice in other states after aged?Also will it be a temporary license or a permanent one?After how many years ll FTDs get a permanent license once graduated from Rochester program.Thank u
If u get a 2 yr certi of AEGD, u will b eligible to practice with permanent license in 7 states NY, Florida Washington Virginia Illinois n 2 more...
U need to pass NBDE part 1 n 2 along with lience exam