• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Rochester PBL Curriculum

zxcvbn

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2007
    Rochester seems like a good school to me - supportive atmosphere, early exposure, pretty low cost of living, etc... However, I still feel a little hesitant about the PBL in its curriculum. Does anyone have any advice or more info he/she would like to share about PBL at U of R?

SBBunny

coffee bunny
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Oct 8, 2005
    1. Medical Student
      I'd recommend contacting one of the current Rochester students on the student contact list from the interview folder (you can also try the online student host list- remember the list that was on the online status page? It's still there!) or one of the students who helped with second look. They'd be your best bet to answer any questions that you might have about Rochester's curriculum. The way I understand it, Rochester uses an even mix of PBL, lecture, and lab/miscellaneous activities, so if you don't like one style of learning, there's always another route to understand the material. I don't recall hearing anyone say anything negative about PBL at Rochester. Of course, I'm not a medical student at Rochester, so I don't actually know how their PBL curriculum is. I really do recommend emailing a Rochester med student.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.