Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Rochester vs. Emory

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by goldie, Dec 12, 2001.

1. goldie

goldie Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Any thoughts on a comparison between these two schools? Pros or cons?

2. lmm

lmm Member
    7+ Year Member

Although I haven't been granted an invitation at Emory, I interviewed at Rochester and TOTALLY loved the school and the people. I love Rochester in general (I went to a nearby school for undergrad) and I think that one the main selling points is the fact that ALL of the students at Rochester that I talked to were exceedingly happy. I guess your decision should be based on where you felt you fit in the most. Also consider whether the school is Pass/Fail or Pass, High Pass, Fail, honors. (Rochester is P/F)

3. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i believe that emory has grades. that sort of sucks. i think that emory has a better name though. how important that is to you is another issue. however, both schools are excellent and will open doors for you in the future.

4. lmm

lmm Member
    7+ Year Member

Actually, based on US News rankings, University of Rochester has a much higher Primary Care ranking (#14) compared to Emory (#41), but you are right--the name Emory is a lot more recognizable than Rochester, and Emory did score higher in research (#22 compared to Rochester's #31).

5. Brian20

Brian20 Member
    7+ Year Member

dont be fooled, rochester has a good name, but in the end i would think emory has a much better reputation and we all know they have better weather....need i say more