Rochester vs. Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on a comparison between these two schools? Pros or cons?

Members don't see this ad.

Although I haven't been granted an invitation at Emory, I interviewed at Rochester and TOTALLY loved the school and the people. I love Rochester in general (I went to a nearby school for undergrad) and I think that one the main selling points is the fact that ALL of the students at Rochester that I talked to were exceedingly happy. I guess your decision should be based on where you felt you fit in the most. Also consider whether the school is Pass/Fail or Pass, High Pass, Fail, honors. (Rochester is P/F)

i believe that emory has grades. that sort of sucks. i think that emory has a better name though. how important that is to you is another issue. however, both schools are excellent and will open doors for you in the future.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, based on US News rankings, University of Rochester has a much higher Primary Care ranking (#14) compared to Emory (#41), but you are right--the name Emory is a lot more recognizable than Rochester, and Emory did score higher in research (#22 compared to Rochester's #31).

dont be fooled, rochester has a good name, but in the end i would think emory has a much better reputation and we all know they have better weather....need i say more