Rochester vs Pitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhangra15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been killing myself with this decision and now have less than 12 hours to decide!

UR:
-will save me about $60,000 after 4 years
-family, friends, serious relationship in the area (I grew up here)

Pitt:
-More highly ranked
-New/different city

i loved both, but should the money make the difference, or the rankings at Pitt?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been killing myself with this decision and now have less than 12 hours to decide!

UR:

Pitt:
-More highly ranked
-New/different city

i loved both, but should the money make the difference, or the rankings at Pitt?

go where you'll be happy.

UR:

Pitt:
-More highly ranked
-New/different city

While I may be going to pitt and think its a great school, how you do matters more than where you go.

Doing well at pitt will open more doors than doing well at rochester, but if your rochester support network will enable you to enjoy medschool more and do better because of it than that will likely outweigh any advantage in prestige.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pitt. Pitt. Pitt.

You are still VERY close to Rochester. Pitt is an amazing medical school, an awesome city, and will open many doors.

Good luck. :xf:

your rochester support network will enable you to enjoy medschool more and do better because of it than that will likely outweigh any advantage in prestige.

+1 :thumbup:

UR:

Pitt:
-More highly ranked
-New/different city

I'm of the opinion that where you will be happy is more important than following the money. That said, they're both great schools and you really can't go wrong.

Also, I'm 99% sure we know each other and met at Pitt's second look.

While I may be going to pitt and think its a great school, how you do matters more than where you go.

Doing well at pitt will open more doors than doing well at rochester, but if your rochester support network will enable you to enjoy medschool more and do better because of it than that will likely outweigh any advantage in prestige.

+1. You get to save $60K and you will have a support system in place to help you through the hard times. Hopefully this will help you perform your best. Good luck choosing.

Status
Not open for further replies.