Rochester Vs. UVa Help!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out that I was accepted to Rochester. I absolutely love this school. I am supposed to interview at UVa Wednesday. Do you think I should still go? How does UVa match up with Rochester?

Members don't see this ad.

damn zeke,

take it easy man!
u on fire.... congrats on yo many acceptances in the last week or so.

i have nothing to add.. except that i was accepted to Rochester too and thought it was an amazing school.

but i dunno anything about UVa... but like everyone usually says- if u can afford to fly down there and check it out then its worth it, you have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

mmz6

Congrats ZekeMD! :clap: Sounds like you've heard a ton of good news in the past week!

I've never been to UVA (didn't apply) but I've heard great things about it, so I'd say if it isn't too expensive, still go interview and look at it. Although I agree, Rochester is amazing. I'm supposed to hear from them in a few weeks. Did you get something in the mail or did you get a phone call?

Anyways, congrats again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Elizabeth1028
Congrats ZekeMD! :clap: Sounds like you've heard a ton of good news in the past week!

I've never been to UVA (didn't apply) but I've heard great things about it, so I'd say if it isn't too expensive, still go interview and look at it. Although I agree, Rochester is amazing. I'm supposed to hear from them in a few weeks. Did you get something in the mail or did you get a phone call?

Anyways, congrats again!

Thanks :) . I received a phone call but they are also sending something in the mail. I should receive it any day now. I wish you luck, I hope you get in.

Zeke

Zeke--

Congrats man! As much as I love Rochester, I'd recommend going to UVa if you can. It's a well thought-of school and it can't hurt to go. I actually took an interview after I was accepted to Rochester and I was happy I did. While I chose not to go to the school, it was still worthwhile going to the interview, because for awhile after the interview, I seriously thought I'd have a difficult to decision to make--I really liked that school when I interviewed there. After thinking about the decision for a couple weeks, I came back to Rochester and I'm very happy with my decision.

One other point, I think going to another interview might open your eyes to something you hadn't previously considered about what you like/dislike, want/don't want in a med school (which happened to me at quite a few of the schools I interviewed at).

If you go to UVa, good luck! But I hope to see you at Rochester next fall!

I interviewed at both schools, and I loved them both. I thought Charlottesville was great and UVA's campus is really awesome. Rochester and UVA were two of my favorite schools. You might want to check it out. I liked the Virginia area a little better than Rochester, but both of the schools are very strong academically. I guess this is the proverbial win win situation.