Rochester's background check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soydelish

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDNers,
I was reading through Rochester's brochure and was wondering what they mean by their additional background check - how do they do this? Contact our recommenders? And do all schools do this but just don't state it?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that many schools run background checks. I believe it’s more of a criminal back ground check. I believe they do this due to the fact that as a doctor you will be prescribing controlled substances, and many states have laws that say you can’t have past criminal convictions. However, I could be wrong... I never looked at Rochester’s info. that closely. :)

it is just a criminal backround check. they have a form where they just ask your permission to look you up. i highly doubt they contact your recommenders or anything like that ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
The form's included in the acceptance packet. It's just a simple sheet saying it's ok with you for them to background check you for past criminal offenses, which, if you didn't lie in your AMCAS, should go completely smoothly. If you did lie---well, this is why you shouldn't have done that:)

Most schools contract with a private vendor. The process is done online and asks your permission and addresses which you have lived at. Its a pretty new thing. The idea is to stop felons from getting into school, especially since they often can't get licensed. The checks are pretty extensive and can find expunged and juvenile records. I wonder if anyone ever heard of anyone getting acceptance rescinded after the background check?

Most schools contract with a private vendor. The process is done online and asks your permission and addresses which you have lived at. Its a pretty new thing. The idea is to stop felons from getting into school, especially since they often can't get licensed. The checks are pretty extensive and can find expunged and juvenile records. I wonder if anyone ever heard of anyone getting acceptance rescinded after the background check?

I have personally met one.

How do they go about performing the background check?

Last edited: