Rocky Vista Board Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just don't understand that attitude. People always talk about how horrrrible med school is as if it were like indentured servitude or something. I mean, yeah, it's not easy but it's been a lot of fun so far.

People act like med students have a monopoly on hard work. It's not like successful businessmen, lawyers, or investment bankers get where they are by working 8-5 Mon-Friday.

i would be wary of formulating opinion about medical school with less than a semester under your belt.

Members don't see this ad.

Medical school is basically independent study anyway. Not sure why this turned into an RVU bagging thread.

I just wanted the data listed by school with all their test scores, because the OP said his dean was quoting some website. Now that would have been an interesting data set.

we have lost quite a few people in my class. Not gonna lie, I am very surprised at the amount of people we did lose. Have to say we probably lost 12 people out of a class of 170 or so. and only 1 or 2 of them were because they didnt want to do it and actually had good grades. The rest either failed classes and had to remediate or some choose not to remediate the year and started up again at a carribean school. I am still very shocked.

I do believe 1 or 2 had to stop during the year for health and personal issues

Members don't see this ad :)
i would be wary of formulating opinion about medical school with less than a semester under your belt.

Seriously...these damn punks. I bet they've never even hand written in a chart before. Back in my day, we had to know material back to front, and then front to back, cause we had backwards tests, and back then an answer key was called a doo-hickey, and you could get a netters atlas for a nickel, but we didn't call em nickels then, we called em buffalo nickels, course that was before Andrew Jackson killed all the buffalo.

these OMS1/2s, 1s, and 2s thinking they know it all and acting like they go to Hopkins. You know nothing. NOTHING!!!!!

we have lost quite a few people in my class. Not gonna lie, I am very surprised at the amount of people we did lose. Have to say we probably lost 12 people out of a class of 170 or so. and only 1 or 2 of them were because they didnt want to do it and actually had good grades. The rest either failed classes and had to remediate or some choose not to remediate the year and started up again at a carribean school. I am still very shocked.

I do believe 1 or 2 had to stop during the year for health and personal issues

I'm a student at RVU, and we NEVER had 170 in our class, so either your numbers are wrong, or you attend or attended another school. Which is it, and if your at another school, why would you post this at an RVU site, leading people to believe that?

RVU is approved for a class size of 150 by the way.

I'm a student at RVU, and we NEVER had 170 in our class, so either your numbers are wrong, or you attend or attended another school. Which is it, and if your at another school, why would you post this at an RVU site, leading people to believe that?

I'm pretty sure Dr. Yiot doesn't go to RVU. Seems like he posted to sympathize and compare his program's surprising attrition rate with yours.

I'm pretty sure Dr. Yiot doesn't go to RVU. Seems like he posted to sympathize and compare his program's surprising attrition rate with yours.

exaaaactly lol

thank you

If the RVU guys and girls would calm down and quit being so defensive so much then I could see a lot of the feelings about this school dying down

Last edited:
It has been so long since I have seen so many idiots in one thread.

For real, why do RVU students feel the need to identify where they go to school, and post snide comments on a public forum? It really says something about who they are accepting.

For real, why do RVU students feel the need to identify where they go to school, and post snide comments on a public forum? It really says something about who they are accepting.

I would like to point out that there are really 1 or 2 people from all of RVU that do that. It's true that there are a couple idiots always working the small man syndrome here from RVU, but those few people can in no way represent a whole class or school.

I'm not an RVU student but back when the school was starting up, SDN threads were throwing around all kinds of hostility towards the school. Would PDs accept scores from a for profit institution or rebel? Are RVU students just glorified IMGs? Is this the end of medical education as we know it? It was similar to the current hostility towards all the new DO schools and how our profession is going the oversaturated route of law schools, but magnified x100 due to the for profit factor. It was crazy internet drama. Check the archives if you want some entertainment. I don't begrudge RVU students pointing out their school's success on SDN due to that wave of hostile posts, and the few RVU students I've met irl have been just as humble as students from other schools. As someone who was too scared to apply to RVU due to the apocalyptic SDN threads, I'm happy this info was made so publicly available.

the steps for RVU are high, because international DO schools are bringing down the comlex average

thats y most schools have a higher than average passing rate

the steps for RVU are high, because international DO schools are bringing down the comlex average

Strong post. Thanks for your in depth accurate analysis

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wat.jpg :confused:

Go back to the pre-med forums. Begone.

Reactions: 1 user
MD students bash DO students on these forums... So now I guess DO students want someone to look down on so they pick RVU...

It's really quite amazing. Everyone flips out if MD students say anything condescending toward DOs in general, but at every opportunity you see DO students ripping into people/ making snide remarks at new DO schools or students who are stuck going to the Carib. I wonder if Carib students students bash DPM students online?

That's because everyone likes to put someone else down in order to mask their internal insecurities. They use rationalization, an immature defensive behavior, to make themselves feel better about their shortcomings. I, for one, came to terms with my toddler sized ****, won't you all?