Rocky Vista University (RVU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When does the Spring semester typically end?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you're on the Utah campus then the white coat ceremony is 6 weeks after orientation week... not sure if the CO campus uses the exact same calendar but if you wanted to plan for a little time with them- according to the calendar we'll have classes but no exams in the 4 days leading up to 9/16, the next exam will be Wednesday 9/20.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Where did you find the schedule at? I'll be attending the CO campus and I'm getting married in September so I'd love to take a look at the exam schedule!!

Where did you find the schedule at? I'll be attending the CO campus and I'm getting married in September so I'd love to take a look at the exam schedule!!

It was posted on the RVU Utah Facebook page. They didn't post one to the Colorado page?

Members don't see this ad :)
Still looking for housing & roommates. Message me if interested.

Still looking for housing & roommates. Message me if interested.
I am interested. I am looking something around 600 dollars a room very close to school. Coming from Chicago. If you have found a place and looking for roommates please let me know.

Withdrew my acceptance today to the CO campus! Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Might be a dumb question... If I remember right COA included 11 months for 1st and 2nd year. Will there be a month in between the years that loans do not cover? I don't know how all this student loan stuff works. Thanks in advance!

I too have withdrawn my acceptance from the CO campus. Best of luck to you deserving people!

most likely giving up my spot at Colorado, great school, best of luck guys on waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just saw that the schedule was already posted, so have removed the file that I uploaded with the same information. Good luck!

Last edited:
What would be the best way to go about finding a room mate?

I have a great 2 bedroom condo offer. The condo is within walking distance (right across the street) from RVU. The other person living there has already signed the lease and paid the deposit just needs someone to take over my spot. Just needs your half of the deposit. Rent is 700/ month and will definitely come under the COL that financial aid will give you. PM if interested.

Send it through AACOMAS they have to verify it and then the school gets it through them.

The acceptance letter stated to send official transcripts to the school. Do the AACOMAS transcripts fulfill this requirement?

Hey, so my family wants to buy my medical supplies for PCM. On top of a cardiology grade stethoscope and Otoscope, what else is on the list?

Hey, so my family wants to buy my medical supplies for PCM. On top of a cardiology grade stethoscope and Otoscope, what else is on the list?
My family was similar. Things on my "wishlist": Whiteboard, Scrubs, Ipad, Headphones, Amazon giftcards for anything else i might need.

Can anyone comment on what orientation is like? Aside from 8-3 and you will learn things haha.

It's unpleasant. But try not to focus too much on orientation itself and think of it as a chance to get to know your future classmates.

Reactions: 1 users
Denver:
Sky Ridge
St. Joseph's
Rose Medical Center
St. Anthony's
Swedish
Presbyterian St. Luke
Parker Adventist
Lutheran
National Jewish
Among others...

North Denver:
St. Anthony's
North Suburban
Boulder Medical Center
Boulder Community Health

Add Denver Health (downtown) Univ. Of Colorado Med Center/Hospital in Aurora, Children's Hospital in Aurora, and the largest VA hospital I have ever seen which is also in Aurora.

Looking for a roommate to fill a spot in a house with 2 other incoming 1st year guys. Rent $600. Message for details.

Add Denver Health (downtown) Univ. Of Colorado Med Center/Hospital in Aurora, Children's Hospital in Aurora, and the largest VA hospital I have ever seen which is also in Aurora.

The Anschutz campus is not on the RVU rotation site list. For now, those are CU-only sites.

Just sharing that the pricing for RVU-SU has been adjusted downward. $1250 Studio, and $1750 2-bedroom. Includes utilities, wifi, cable, furnished, and can bring pets. See crimsoncliffs.net for more details.

At least the rent for the studio has now reached a competitive price for a 3 bedroom house in Ivins.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off of the waitlist this morning (CO campus). The email said that they had several spots open up. I will talk with my wife but we will likely decline and stay at the Utah campus.

Does anyone know if RVU has an Office 365 subscription that's free for students?

Accepted off of the wait list last week Friday; will be declining.

Best of luck to everyone; this is a stellar school in an incredibly scenic location.

I got in and am starting this new MSBS program in Aug! Super excited about this opportunity and think it will be a Great transition if you have been out of school for a couple years like I have! Rocky Vista is a phenomenal school and their admissions department staff could not be more supportive! Seriously, the nicest, most helpful people I've worked with by far; and I worked with numerous programs across the country. Its the best feeling in the world knowing I'm going to a university where in addition to receiving an excellent education, the staff is exceptionally supportive and truly desire for their students to succeed!
What did you think about the MSBS program? I'm considering it for this fall. (I've been accepted but wary of the cost of attending)

Anybody looking for a roommate in CO? Shoot me a message if so. Incoming 1st year guy here.

We don't rotate at CU Medical Center or the VA hospital. Even the CU students don't rotate at the VA hospital.

Accepted off of the waitlist this morning (CO campus). The email said that they had several spots open up. I will talk with my wife but we will likely decline and stay at the Utah campus.
They only provide Outlook and Calendar access. I asked and they said "some day we may give full 365 to students" - and that was a year ago. I wouldn't count on it.

What did you think about the MSBS program? I'm considering it for this fall. (I've been accepted but wary of the cost of attending)
Well, bottom line, you'll get your Master's degree in 9 months which is pretty impressive considering most programs are 2 years. I did this program to help me get accepted to medical school and i got in, I start in 3 weeks! I must add that i graduated with 3.7 GPA while having a baby mid program so my point is, doing well academically is certainly an attainable goal. If you make good grades and have no "issues" with professors/attitude, you should be fine. So i guess it depends on what your goals are....I felt like being the inaugural class, the program had a bit of a learning curve and honestly prob will for next years class as well. Ive always been told, the third year of a program is when it gets running smoothly. But nevertheless, I felt like I had a good education during this program and learned a Great deal. I also feel so much more prepared to start medical school having completed this program. There have been some faculty changes between our class and next years class as well as a new program director so I can't for sure say how next year will be but I think it'll be just fine. Let me know if you have more specific questions. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
We still have one spot open in our house that is 1.7 miles from campus, rent is $500 per month. Message me if interested.

I just withdrew my acceptance from RVUCOM. Hoping someone gets called off the waitlist soon!