rolling admission for TX residents (new policy?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beadle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard different stories about how admissions for TX residents will work this cycle (matriculates for 2007). Scattered in those discussions was the phrase "rolling admissions" (vs. the match), and I've looked on different school's websites to try to find out what's going on. Texas Tech had some confusing information, since they made it sound like adcoms would be employing BOTH rolling admission and the match....can't quite decipher what that means, haha.

I'm supposed to be going to an application workshop here at my school soon, but thought I would ask around on here to see if anyone knew about any new admissions policies in TX for next year.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the TMDSAS site for more detailed info here: http://www.utsystem.edu/TMDSAS/Acceptance-MatchInfo.htm

In lay terms, there will be a period between Nov 15th and Dec 31 when TX schools can offer acceptances. A student can get multiple acceptances, but they have relenquish all but one by Jan 15th. Then students that don't get offered an acceptance can choose to participate in the match on Feb 15th. Read more on the website.

What I've heard is that this gives UT-SW a greater chance to compete with Baylor for top instate students prior to the match.

Also, a reason for doing it this way is now schools can better use scholarships to entice the students they want. Before, you got matched and that was that but now they can offer you money and you can choose that school because of the money.

PS: I am also A&M c/o '07. Wondering if I know you :)