rolling admissions and msar!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dulcina

=)
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this was mentioned in another thread with a different title, and i still cant figure it out.

how do you figure out which schools have rolling admissions? im looking at my msar, and cant figure it out. I can only find the earliest and latest dates for acceptance notifications.

thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

schools that have Oct15 as earliest date or November as earliest date are usually, actually, always, rolling

schools that have Oct15 as earliest date or November as earliest date are usually, actually, always, rolling

so UCLA's is Dec 15. does that mean it's non-rolling?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think its best to prioritize secondaries so that ones with rolling admissions are completed first?

how about.....

There are only so many interview slots (as with seats in the class), so it seems that interviews are rolling at ALL SCHOOLS

Do you think its best to prioritize secondaries so that ones with rolling admissions are completed first?

I think you should blend that with prioratizing schools where you really want to go. The earlier you start a secondary, the more possible it is that you will be able to spend more time on it, also I have read/heard commentary by admissions staff members saying that getting everything in early (besides other benefits) shows a greater interest. But as usual, dont sacrifice any quality over being a few measly days earlier.

I think you should blend that with prioratizing schools where you really want to go. The earlier you start a secondary, the more possible it is that you will be able to spend more time on it, also I have read/heard commentary by admissions staff members saying that getting everything in early (besides other benefits) shows a greater interest. But as usual, dont sacrifice any quality over being a few measly days earlier.

yeah. I sadly discovered that only 3 of my schools have non-rolling admissions. 1 has no essay, and it just so happens that the other 2 are the ONLY 2 secondaries I've preemptively done. Bad luck!

having two secondaries done and one without an essay.....hmmm and today is july 10th.....hmm......sure doesn't sound like bad luck to me!

You should have an interesting/stressful/exciting/suspenseful first few months of the new year as all the other schools send out decisions. :thumbup: