Rolling vs. Non

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldman

Senior Citizen
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which schools are rolling and which schools are non-rolling? Is there a list?

Members don't see this ad.

Non-rolling that I know of, Columbia and Pittsburgh. USC (Keck) is sort of semi-non-rolling (accept a few right away, but defer decisions on most until done interviewing).

Rolling:

Cornell
Johns Hopkins
Stanford
WashU

Non-Rolling:

Harvard
Upenn
Upitt
Yale

Members don't see this ad :)
Non-Rolling:
Harvard
Upenn
Upitt
Yale

I started adding to this list than realized that there's a simple way to find the rolling schools. Look at the Acceptances, Waitlisted, Rejected thread. If anyone has heard back either Accep or Wait/Hold, they are rolling. So the only valuable list is the non-rolling. What do you guys think?

USef:

That sounds like a good idea except for a slight complication. Some MSTP programs at non-rolling schools go ahead and notify some students of acceptances early. UPitt is on the above list as a non-rolling school; and it is indeed non-rolling; however, several MD/PhD students have been accepted there. RNAgirl and I think Baylor21 for example.

Right you are, USeF and Original. How about we do it this way?

Non-Rolling:

Columbia
Harvard
U. Penn
U. Pittsburgh (except a few MDPhD's)
Yale

I like schools like JHU and Stanford- who does not! But my question is that if someone- like myself- takes the august MCAT then can I kiss these schools goodbye?

I like schools like JHU and Stanford- who does not! But my question is that if someone- like myself- takes the august MCAT then can I kiss these schools goodbye?

You will be at somewhat of a disadvantage, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Check out the August MCATers with Interviews thread. I know there were some SDNers who took the August MCAT this year got interview invites from these schools.

P.S. you can delete double posts by clicking on the little pencil ("edit post") above one of them.

I believe Duke is also non-rolling (at least for regular MD admissions). Can anybody confim that before we add it to the list?

i'd hardly call cornell rolling. they send out like 90% of their acceptances all in a bunch in march

to add to this, all the uc's are rolling

Non-Rolling:

Columbia
Cornell (90%)
Duke
Harvard
U. Penn
Yale

Isn't BU non-rolling also? They have only given out a few acceptances, and everyone else hears on feb 15th

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Doctor Foxy:
•Isn't BU non-rolling also? They have only given out a few acceptances, and everyone else hears on feb 15th•••••You're right, Dr. Foxy. Does that mean that those of us who haven't heard a word from them can count on a rejection?

Non-Rolling:

Boston U.
Columbia
Cornell (90%)
Duke
Harvard
U. Penn
Yale

I think they ultimately accept 250 people out of 1000 interviewed, but I heard that they're only going to accept 100 in feb....even if I'm wrong, my point is that feb is only the first round of acceptances, I think they will continue interviewing if there's still room...if I get in I'll call em up and ask :)

Geez, Dr. Foxy, what are you doing up at this hour? I just realized what time it in in FL. It's 4 hours earlier here! The last time I asked someone this, it was SwampMan. Don't FLoridians sleep?

hehe I never sleep! I have class at 12, so I stay up as late as I can until I pass out. BTW, I'm in MA at school, but it's still just as late here :) Buenas noches, ya me voy a dormir.....