Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Rolling vs. Non

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by oldman, Feb 9, 2002.

1. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

Attending Physician
    Which schools are rolling and which schools are non-rolling? Is there a list?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Non-rolling that I know of, Columbia and Pittsburgh. USC (Keck) is sort of semi-non-rolling (accept a few right away, but defer decisions on most until done interviewing).

4. LizardKing

LizardKing Veteran Member

Rolling:

Cornell
    Johns Hopkins
    Stanford
    WashU

Non-Rolling:

Harvard
    Upenn
    Upitt
    Yale

5. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.

Non-Rolling:
    Harvard
    Upenn
    Upitt
    Yale

I started adding to this list than realized that there's a simple way to find the rolling schools. Look at the Acceptances, Waitlisted, Rejected thread. If anyone has heard back either Accep or Wait/Hold, they are rolling. So the only valuable list is the non-rolling. What do you guys think?

6. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior

USef:

That sounds like a good idea except for a slight complication. Some MSTP programs at non-rolling schools go ahead and notify some students of acceptances early. UPitt is on the above list as a non-rolling school; and it is indeed non-rolling; however, several MD/PhD students have been accepted there. RNAgirl and I think Baylor21 for example.

7. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Right you are, USeF and Original. How about we do it this way?

Non-Rolling:

Columbia
    Harvard
    U. Penn
    U. Pittsburgh (except a few MDPhD's)
    Yale

8. bond007

bond007 Junior Member

I like schools like JHU and Stanford- who does not! But my question is that if someone- like myself- takes the august MCAT then can I kiss these schools goodbye?

9. bond007

bond007 Junior Member

I like schools like JHU and Stanford- who does not! But my question is that if someone- like myself- takes the august MCAT then can I kiss these schools goodbye?

10. SMW

SMW Grand Member

You will be at somewhat of a disadvantage, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Check out the August MCATers with Interviews thread. I know there were some SDNers who took the August MCAT this year got interview invites from these schools.

P.S. you can delete double posts by clicking on the little pencil ("edit post") above one of them.

11. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

Attending Physician
    So there's about 5 schools that are non-rolling?

12. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus

I believe Duke is also non-rolling (at least for regular MD admissions). Can anybody confim that before we add it to the list?

13. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

Attending Physician
    according to their website. they start to send out letters Feb 28. So I take it is non-rolling.

14. matthew0126

matthew0126 Anaheim Angels

i'd hardly call cornell rolling. they send out like 90% of their acceptances all in a bunch in march

to add to this, all the uc's are rolling

15. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Non-Rolling:

Columbia
    Cornell (90%)
    Duke
    Harvard
    U. Penn
    Yale

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    Isn't BU non-rolling also? They have only given out a few acceptances, and everyone else hears on feb 15th

18. SMW

SMW Grand Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Doctor Foxy:
    <strong>Isn't BU non-rolling also? They have only given out a few acceptances, and everyone else hears on feb 15th</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're right, Dr. Foxy. Does that mean that those of us who haven't heard a word from them can count on a rejection?

Non-Rolling:

Boston U.
    Columbia
    Cornell (90%)
    Duke
    Harvard
    U. Penn
    Yale

19. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    I think they ultimately accept 250 people out of 1000 interviewed, but I heard that they're only going to accept 100 in feb....even if I'm wrong, my point is that feb is only the first round of acceptances, I think they will continue interviewing if there's still room...if I get in I'll call em up and ask :)

20. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Geez, Dr. Foxy, what are you doing up at this hour? I just realized what time it in in FL. It's 4 hours earlier here! The last time I asked someone this, it was SwampMan. Don't FLoridians sleep?

21. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    hehe I never sleep! I have class at 12, so I stay up as late as I can until I pass out. BTW, I'm in MA at school, but it's still just as late here :) Buenas noches, ya me voy a dormir.....