Rollins School of PH (Emory)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blindluck

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how does RSPH rate/compare to other schools? is it considered competitive or average? anybody currently there that likes/dislikes it?

any info would help!

Members don't see this ad.

Emory's SPH is excellent. I am esp. interested in Intl. health and the research i am doing as an ugrad related to that. I came across Emory because the pioneers of the concept of my research worked at Emory. I asked for a brochure and CD on RSPH many many months ago, so i don't remember the details, but i just got a really good impression of the school. Another plus is the location in Atlanta. Read this article and you'll know what i mean http://whsc.emory.edu/_pubs/ph/fall03/partners.html
Are you applying there?

blindluck said:
how does RSPH rate/compare to other schools? is it considered competitive or average? anybody currently there that likes/dislikes it?

any info would help!

Yea, I applied to the MSPH program in epi. I got in (yay!), but I didn't really do that much research on it before I applied. I pretty much just applied because I wasn't sure about the Ph.D programs I was applying to and wanted to cover every angle so I wasn't out of school next year (you know how it is with insurance and all).

It seems like a good program, but I just don't know enough about it, I figured if I got in, then I'd go visit, get all the info and decide then. So that's where I'm at.

What abotu you, did you apply for this fall? If so, are you going to that thing at the end of March?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Blindluck,
when did you send in the appl. and how long did they take to respond. I applied in early Jan and haven't received a response yet :scared: . Is it through the mail or E-mail.

bettyboo-

I submitted my online appl on Jan 13 and I sent in my transcripts and all that stuff a few days before, like the 11th or something like that.

I got the email acceptance on Feb 14th as well as a phone call from the admisions office, but I'm still waiting for the "official letter" in the mail.

I applied to the MSPH program in epidemiology, I'm not sure about the other programs, but epi was pretty fast.

Hang in there, I'm sure your acceptance is on its way. You could call Missy to see how far they are along your application, she's the woman who called me.

No i am actually applying to Medical School. However, i will get my MPH either between my 3 & 4th years of med school or afterwards. Emory's MD/MPH program is my top choice. Haven't gotten in yet!

blindluck said:
Yea, I applied to the MSPH program in epi. I got in (yay!), but I didn't really do that much research on it before I applied. I pretty much just applied because I wasn't sure about the Ph.D programs I was applying to and wanted to cover every angle so I wasn't out of school next year (you know how it is with insurance and all).

It seems like a good program, but I just don't know enough about it, I figured if I got in, then I'd go visit, get all the info and decide then. So that's where I'm at.

What abotu you, did you apply for this fall? If so, are you going to that thing at the end of March?

good luck sk1684!!

Just curious....what sort of stats does the avg Emory MD/MPH have? I took the MCATs last year and was debating for some time about going to med school, but decided that its not really for me now..but maybe after the MSPH.