Roommate Room available in Surprise AZ (metro Phoenix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a3173

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Room for rent
$550 - all inclusive
In nice neighborhood, close to west valley medical facilities

I have a guest room for rent in my 4-bedroom home in Surprise, AZ. It is furnished with a queen-sized sleigh bed and has a small walk-in closet. The bathroom would be shared with one person; it has a split double vanity and toilet/shower area.

I am a 31-year-old female (the homeowner) who moved to Las Vegas to start a new PhD program last year, but I didn't want to sell my Surprise home or uproot my amazing permanent roommate (37-year-old male), so I left the house as-is (left all furniture, utilities, etc.).

The house consists of a living room/dining area, kitchen, ½ bath, and study downstairs, and a loft, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and laundry room upstairs; it is a little over 2100 square feet, plus the double-car garage. Downstairs (except the study) is all tile, and the stairs and all upstairs is all carpet.

Master bedroom – Permanent roommate
Guest room 1 – Currently rented to a traveling ER nurse on rotation in Surprise until December 2014
Guest room 2Vacant and available
Guest room 3 – Vacant but not available (it’s where I stay when I visit “home”)

The neighborhood was built in 2009, and is very nice and safe. The community park has basketball courts, a sand volleyball court, and a playground, although I have never used any of them. The back yard is a nice place for comfortable get-togethers with friends; it is landscaped with synthetic turf, I have a small fire-pit and plenty of chairs, and I had a cement slab poured that would be perfect for a grill. We're literally right across the street from the Surprise Spring Training baseball stadium, and the tennis facility, pool, park, Communiversity, and other city amenities are also within walking distance.

I am open to a longer or shorter stay, as necessary, but the longer the better for me. Monthly rent includes Cox high-speed internet, Cox digital cable, pest control, and all utilities (water, gas, electric, alarm system, etc.). Once we can find the right fit, our casa will become su casa. You'll have unrestricted use of the garage, kitchen, laundry, living room, etc. as if it was yours in your own home.

It is important to me to find a roommate (even if it’s just a short term stay) who will be a great fit for my existing roommate (because he is THAT awesome!), since he's the one in the house while I am gone. He is clean, respectful, relaxed, a hard worker, an all-around great guy. I am not exaggerating when I say that the last 4 years living with him were the best living situation I've ever had, and I was sad to lose him as a roommate when I moved to Vegas!

We're looking for someone clean, responsible, respectful, and easy to get along with. Is this you?

Contact Antoinette if interested: [email protected] or 760-583-6175
Pictures can be sent upon request

Members don't see this ad.