ohgee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
Status
Hi,

I have a quick silly question, I hope some of you guys can answer this...
Do dentists usually perform root canal when the pulp is infected ...and also, if the pulp is infected, is there any preliminary symptoms or is it sometimes like an emergency cases that the person feel pain all of the sudden (like after eating hot food or something)??

Thank you!!!!

Sep 15, 2016
Hi,

I have a quick silly question, I hope some of you guys can answer this...
Do dentists usually perform root canal when the pulp is infected ...and also, if the pulp is infected, is there any preliminary symptoms or is it sometimes like an emergency cases that the person feel pain all of the sudden (like after eating hot food or something)??

Thank you!!!!
I believe root canal therapy is performed when the pulp is infected or damaged. During the procedure, a gap is drilled, the pulp is removed and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed. I had taken the treatment from a dentist in Oshawa. People fear root canals because they assume they are painful. But mine was a successful one. So it is very important that you need someone who is experienced.

About the Ads

dyesht

2+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2014
SF
Status
Dentist
I believe root canal therapy is performed when the pulp is infected or damaged. During the procedure, a gap is drilled, the pulp is removed and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed. I had taken the treatment from a dentist in Oshawa. People fear root canals because they assume they are painful. But mine was a successful one. So it is very important that you need someone who is experienced.
did you check the date of the post?

THS

Articulating Disc Jockey
7+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2012
Louisiana
Status
Dentist
Root canal tx is indicated most commonly with symptomatic irreversible pulpitis. The main symptom is exaggerated, lingering response to cold.

Also, if the infection has spread to the apex, symptomatic apical periodontitis would show sensitivity to percussion.

dyesht

2+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2014
SF
Status
Dentist
Root canal tx is indicated most commonly with symptomatic irreversible pulpitis. The main symptom is exaggerated, lingering response to cold.

Also, if the infection has spread to the apex, symptomatic apical periodontitis would show sensitivity to percussion.
dude idk why you guys keep replying to this 14 year old post?

Reactions: Cello

THS

Articulating Disc Jockey
7+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2012
Louisiana
Status
Dentist
dude idk why you guys keep replying to this 14 year old post?
Dude I don't check the dates of the original posts. It was recently replied to, so I saw it on the main dental student forum.

Reactions: gottam

dyesht

2+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2014
SF
Status
Dentist
Dude I don't check the dates of the original posts. It was recently replied to, so I saw it on the main dental student forum.
So you don't check the date of the milk you purchase at the store? You just buy whatever is available?

About the Ads