Rosalind Franklin- for those who have already interviewed.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Just wondering what time the interview day gets done at Rosalind. I'm trying to schedule my return flight home, and the admissions office is closed for the holidays.

Also, is there an interview website or anything, since they don't send a confirmation letter?

Members don't see this ad.

lizanne11 said:
Just wondering what time the interview day gets done at Rosalind. I'm trying to schedule my return flight home, and the admissions office is closed for the holidays.

Also, is there an interview website or anything, since they don't send a confirmation letter?

FWIW: I was done around 1:30pm, but we were split into 2 groups for the tour & lunch, and the second group wasn't done until a bit later (probably around 2:00-2:15pm or so?). I'm not sure if they usually finish that early or not, but on one of the interview sheets included with the invite they said to plan to be there until around 2pm.

They don't send a confirmation letter, and they don't have a status website or anything. If you want to double-check, give them a call--they're really nice!

Good luck & kick some butt at the interview! :luck:

the brown note's experiences parallel my own.
I was out of there by about 1:30 or 1:45. On the other hand, if you read the specific interview ratings, there was a comment or so about people being late and missing flights, so you might want to plan in a little extra time...
Also, out of my group of 10 or so, there were 3 or 4 who asked for a third interview. I thought it a bit strange that that many seemed to have some complaint, but who knows, maybe they were just trying to bolster their chances of getting in by having a third opinion in their file.
Regardless, i would plan a flight in late afternoon, just to be safe. Best of luck on your interview lizanne!

Members don't see this ad :)
the brown note said:
FWIW: I was done around 1:30pm, but we were split into 2 groups for the tour & lunch, and the second group wasn't done until a bit later (probably around 2:00-2:15pm or so?)

what date did you interview? was it 11/15 by any chance? ;)

TimmyTheWonderD said:
what date did you interview? was it 11/15 by any chance? ;)

Sorry, I was there 11/9--it doesn't look like we crossed paths! :(

To add to the "third interviewer" comment by IDforMe, out of my half-group of 5, there was one person who had a third interview (this person didn't ask for one, but was informed just before lunch). I don't know how many third interviews occurred in the other half of the interviewees.

the brown note said:
Sorry, I was there 11/9--it doesn't look like we crossed paths! :(

To add to the "third interviewer" comment by IDforMe, out of my half-group of 5, there was one person who had a third interview (this person didn't ask for one, but was informed just before lunch). I don't know how many third interviews occurred in the other half of the interviewees.

I do not recall any third interviews on my day....but then again, I felt a little left out of all the conversations going on amongst the interviewees that day as I was one of the few (out of 11 total it was me and three other people) that did not call California home....hope my cold Chicago butt can blend with all the cool tropi-cali kids once school starts! ;) I don't mean that like it sounds, they were all VERY nice and friendly and outgoing, but they were all engaging in California specific conversations about locales and radio stations and stores and cafes that I had absolutely relation to....they all sounded like great places to go/be but I really did not have much to contribute to that conversation myself. I have always lived around Chicago, but there are many places around here that I just have not had a need to go to, so once in a while they would ask me where something was here, and though I had heard of the town/area/place and knew its general vicinity I could not give them directions to go there. :(