Rosalind Franklin vs. Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vader07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of freaking out about this last minute.

Ohio State
Pros: higher ranked, big campus, brand new facilities, on-site hospitals
Cons: ~10 hours away from family and friends

Rosalind Franklin
Pros: only a couple of hours from home, supposedly has a solid match list, rotate at a wide variety of Chicago hospitals
Cons: in the middle of nowhere, not ranked as highly, small campus

I don't know what I want to go into. Do these schools match any differently or better than one another? What am I not considering? Is this even a choice?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm kind of freaking out about this last minute.

Ohio State
Pros: higher ranked, big campus, brand new facilities, on-site hospitals
Cons: ~10 hours away from family and friends

Rosalind Franklin
Pros: only a couple of hours from home, supposedly has a solid match list, rotate at a wide variety of Chicago hospitals
Cons: in the middle of nowhere, not ranked as highly, small campus

I don't know what I want to go into. Do these schools match any differently or better than one another? What am I not considering? Is this even a choice?

Did Rosalind give you any money? If not, then OSU.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohio State for sure, unless RF will give you $

Definitely OSU. Plus, you'll get to pay in-state tuition after one year.

Do you guys think that OSU would give me a great deal more opportunities than RF? If you can't tell, I'm getting cold feet about the distance. I've got a lot of good people back home so it's a tough choice.

Follow your gut. I know a few students at CMS and they all love it there, the school really seems to care for its students. Family is also very important to me and I chose to stay close to home. Med school is very difficult and it is key to have friends and family there to support you. In the end, med school is med school and you're going to get your MD either way. OSU is a great school but if you feel like staying in Illinois is important to you then go with RFUMS. Considering RFUMS' match list, I'm sure they have numerous opportunities for their students.

Status
Not open for further replies.