Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noalarms23

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard from them? I haven't seen them on the "acceptance" list thread, but then a lot of people don't post...

just wondering if anyone's heard about getting an interview, or heard post interview, because i've heard nothing...

also, what do you do when you haven't heard anything from certain schools? I tried calling them today but they would only tell me if my application was complete.

Members don't see this ad.

noalarms23 said:
Anyone heard from them? I haven't seen them on the "acceptance" list thread, but then a lot of people don't post...

just wondering if anyone's heard about getting an interview, or heard post interview, because i've heard nothing...

also, what do you do when you haven't heard anything from certain schools? I tried calling them today but they would only tell me if my application was complete.

I don't understand why people are so distressed about the idea that schools won't give you your status over the phone! I am happy to know that someone can't call posing as me and find out whether I'm accepted or rejected. I'm not keen on the idea that in an unsolicited phone call, someone would be willing to make or break my medical career.

My file was complete on 9/27 (via e-mail), and received an interview invite via snail mail around 10/15. Interviewed on 11/10.

there's nothing about them on the acceptance thread because they haven't started sending acceptances out yet. straight from the horse's mouth as of yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
DrYo12 said:
I don't understand why people are so distressed about the idea that schools won't give you your status over the phone! I am happy to know that someone can't call posing as me and find out whether I'm accepted or rejected. I'm not keen on the idea that in an unsolicited phone call, someone would be willing to make or break my medical career.

My file was complete on 9/27 (via e-mail), and received an interview invite via snail mail around 10/15. Interviewed on 11/10.

i'm not particularly "distressed", I just would like to hear if my application is being reviewed or if they just took my money and had a party. Are you honestly worried about people posing as you on the phone? everyone that I called asked for my SS or AAMC #, so no one can really "pose" as you on the phone...what bizarre enemies you must have...

thank you cowgirl for your information.

People, you think you have it bad? Well they still haven't emailed me the secondary! I call and email like 7 times a day, but they keep telling me they haven't received the hard copy of my AMCAS app, or they've received it and it's just going to take some time to process it. As of this morning, I should be getting it by the end of the week (allegedly). At this rate, I won't even get an interview!!!!

noalarms23 said:
i'm not particularly "distressed", I just would like to hear if my application is being reviewed or if they just took my money and had a party. Are you honestly worried about people posing as you on the phone? everyone that I called asked for my SS or AAMC #, so no one can really "pose" as you on the phone...what bizarre enemies you must have...

I'm not really worried about people posing as me over the phone, but I am all for privacy and respecting people's personal information. Besides, if its an acceptance, then I don't mind who they tell because I'm going to tell everyone anyway!! :D

noalarms23 said:

Try email. I sent them an email and they were prompt in telling me that my application is being reviewed and I would here by the middle of Jan.

medic170 said:
Try email. I sent them an email and they were prompt in telling me that my application is being reviewed and I would here by the middle of Jan.

I'm sure you're tired of reading things like this, but I must . . . Do you mind telling us when you were complete? :)

I was complete Nov. 8 (lazy LOR), and I haven't heard a peep since.

For Finch, email did not work for me. I called them, and they told me my file was sent out for a second review (and most applications are going to be reviewed twice -- according to the staffs). She told me I should hear from them soon, sometime in December. Going to call them soon if I do not hear anything by Friday.

Khenon said:
I'm sure you're tired of reading things like this, but I must . . . Do you mind telling us when you were complete? :)

I was complete Nov. 8 (lazy LOR), and I haven't heard a peep since.

Back in late September.

medic170 said:
Back in late September.

Wow! They must be really slow! I guess none of should worry too much then . . . at least not for awhile. Thanks for the info!

Khenon said:
Wow! They must be really slow! I guess none of should worry too much then . . . at least not for awhile. Thanks for the info!

I never heard a peep from them from the time I was complete until November, don't worry yet, they are slow.

hey saki joon. I had the same problem. They didn't send me a secondary for the 2 months my AMCAS was certified and then suddenly I got an email saying I should hurry and complete the seconday so I can have a chance to be reviewed. they have no clue what they're doing.... really.
:(

Members don't see this ad :)
I had turned in my AMCAS at the end of July, only to call them in September and find out that they tried to send me the secondary application over email a month earlier, but because the file was too big, the email bounced back.

Of course, I was told this AFTER I had called three times. (First time: told that I should wait because it takes a while to process. Second time: told that it should come soon.)

Anyway, eventually I completed my secondary by the end of September and I have an interview next Wednesday. Honestly, this kind of disorganization makes me wonder how they handle the admin of their student body. :(

cowgirl said:
hey saki joon. I had the same problem. They didn't send me a secondary for the 2 months my AMCAS was certified and then suddenly I got an email saying I should hurry and complete the seconday so I can have a chance to be reviewed. they have no clue what they're doing.... really.
:(

I FINALLY got it today...what kind of crazy person sends a secondary as an attachment? That's pretty risky. Every other school sent me links - even schools that [allegedly] screened did this.

Hey cowgirl, I'm going to England and Scotland for three weeks and I've already got my Persian restaurants lined up!!!! :love: :love: :love:

saki0005 said:
I FINALLY got it today...what kind of crazy person sends a secondary as an attachment? That's pretty risky. Every other school sent me links - even schools that [allegedly] screened did this.

Hey cowgirl, I'm going to England and Scotland for three weeks and I've already got my Persian restaurants lined up!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Isn't that the secondary where they just ask you to staple a picture to it, write a check, and update your address? bleh.

Hey guys,

I called them yesterday. The lady I spoke to said that my application was being considered for an interview at that point and that they were sending out the next batch of interview invites probably around the end of this week so I guess if we're getting an interview, we'll find out next week. Interviews will probably be for January at this point.

For everyone else who still hasn't gotten the secondary yet, PM me your email address and I'll send it your way.

Hope that helps!
:)

saki0005 said:
.Hey cowgirl, I'm going to England and Scotland for three weeks and I've already got my Persian restaurants lined up!!!! :love: :love: :love:

I'm sooo jealous. Have a great time and eat some joojeh kabob for me! ;)

I called today and was told they were going to pull the files for interview this afternoon. Hope this means we find out about interviews tomorrow!

I called today, and was told my file was in the acceptable interview pool. They still have not decided when they want to interview me though ... they will decide it this week ... if they want me in Jan, they'll contact me next week ... hopefully will get an invite soon (next week I hope =P)

Since everyone is calling them, maybe I will call them on Friday too. :)

Just out of curiousity, wasn't this the school that was on probation? They sent me the secondary 2 months ago, but the whole probation thing discouraged me. Am I missing something here?

cheapdate said:
Just out of curiousity, wasn't this the school that was on probation? They sent me the secondary 2 months ago, but the whole probation thing discouraged me. Am I missing something here?

i know others who've disregarded their secondary on the basis of their probationary status.

uclakid said:
i know others who've disregarded their secondary on the basis of their probationary status.

So did I... was that a mistake? I dont know, probation sounds pretty bad

I disregarded their secondary on the basis of the presence of a "d" on the end of Rosalind.

For those of you who called . . . are they sending interview invites via email or mail? I ask because my "your complete" email said I would receive any info via mail, and I thought "Oh. They've already decided to reject me." :laugh:

faradayampere said:
I called today, and was told my file was in the acceptable interview pool. They still have not decided when they want to interview me though ... they will decide it this week ... if they want me in Jan, they'll contact me next week ... hopefully will get an invite soon (next week I hope =P)

I called them after I received an interview invite to UChicago and they told me over the phone. I have an interview schedule for 1/5.

they send their interview invite in a big packet in the mail. good luck :luck:

DoctorMalki said:
they send their interview invite in a big packet in the mail. good luck :luck:

Thank you much! :)

Just called and they told me they'd be sending out a round of notices within the next week or so. I'm pre-interview so for me it means either a rejection or the big fat interview envelope (let's hope for the latter)...

I just called as well and they told me to call back if I hadn't received anything from them in a week and half. I wonder if the secretary is getting so many calls in one morning? :)